Chapter 155

The forceful release of the magic formula caused the magic waves to tangle uncontrollably. Jenas coughed up b black ood.

He was so close to success, that all he had to do was watch them all die trapped in his magic circle.

But–

A millennium of planning had been thwarted in a single moment. Because of Margaret.

I can't believe I made such a mistake.

I believed I could kill them all with my own hands. As I had always done.

If he could have foreseen it, he would have unsealed the pendant first, to use it to open the dimensional door and take control of the world.

It all started with his arrogance.

"This...... is unbelievable. Margaret, what have you done to me?!" Jenas snarled.

Margaret glared at him angrily. "Cut the crap and let go of me!"

"Damn it......!! What the hell did you do to me!!! How the hell did you......!! How!!!"

Margaret struggled in his arms, bumping her forehead hard with his. He lost her in his arms, but Jenas just stood there, dazed and in shock.

What the hell kind of emotion is this?

He found himself wishing she hadn't died the moment she fell.

A moment ago, he hadn't given a damn about her life. She was the one he was going to end up killing anyway.

This can't be true. I can't believe this.

[Thanks for sparing Margaret's life, you idiot].

Kayden's voice echoed in his head.

At the same time, grains of sand-like powder spread out from his body, scattering in the air before rolling across the floor and coalescing into a human form

With a great tangle of magic, Jenas' dominance weakened, and Kayden regained control of his body.

Jenas groaned as he rolled across the floor. Kayden, regaining his senses, quickly lunged for him.

-stab.

An intense pain shot through his chest.

Jenas stared blankly at the dagger in his chest.

"Do not interact with the test subjects directly. Because if you psychologically sympathize or assimilate with them, then in that instant it's all over. Because you won't be able to kill them."

Anata's words hit him like a ton of bricks.

He is different from Anata. A thousand years had not been easy for him.

He was sure of that.

He was fine when he met Yuanna, so why now......

Jenas caught sight of Margaret's face glaring at him until his blurring vision flickered and went completely dark.

He kept her face in his eyes, and that was the last time he saw her, the woman who had ruined his greatest dream for a thousand years in a single moment.

***

Jenas is dead.

After confirming his death, Kayden turned to me urgently. When our eyes met, there was a hint of tears on his face.

"Margaret! I'm so glad you're safe. I'm so glad, I'm so glad you...... you......"

He pulled me into a strong hug and buried his face on my shoulder. His whole body was trembling lightly.