Chapter 86

Diego made a sad face at her question.

"Well, you......"

As he showed signs of telling the truth, Kayden quickly intercepted him. "You didn't say a word, Saintess. Don't you remember anything?"

What Yuanna said while suffering from hallucinations seemed to be her trauma at first glance. There was no need to remind her of old memories in a situation where she couldn't remember them at all either.

"I don't remember anything after that strange flower wrapped around my ankle."

At her words, Kayden sighed and looked at Diego and Yuanna alternately.

"That red flower is a unique poison flower called Tentathionem that was secretly tested and developed by the Rohde family."

The two looked at Kayden with surprised eyes.

Kayden continued explaining without hesitation. "The toxicity of poison from Tentathionem flower is more acute than chronic. That's why when you get addicted to this poison, you impulsively develop mental disorders like arousal and hallucinations, and you get temporarily out of control."

"Arousal and hallucinations...... so these are the symptoms Sir Diego and I went through last night?"

As Yuanna asked with a haggard face, Kayden nodded.

"That's right. Some of the neurotransmitters in humans can cause excitement in the brain. The plant emits a similar addictive substance that comes out of this flower. Only the low body temperature of a non-poisoned person can degrade the function of this substance. That's all I know."

Diego, who was listening to Kayden's explanation, asked him with a serious face. "Why did the Rohde family make such a flower? What are they going to do with it? And why is the flower developed by the Rohde family here?"

"I don't know that either. I'm not very close with my family. But it sure is suspicious."

"And Lord Kayden, are you speaking informally with me now?" Diego frowned and asked, somewhat dissatisfied.

Kayden shrugged—as if it wasn't something to think about right now—and replied in a lazy tone. "Given you guys put me through a lot last night, do I still have to speak formally to you?"

Diego eventually shut his mouth without any rebuttal to Kayden's words.

"There may be a connection between this island and the Rohde family."

Kayden agreed with Yuanna's words and nodded his head.

"It's just a speculation, but it's possible."

"Apparently, the Lord is immune to the flower's poison."

At Diego's words, Kayden rested his chin on his palm and traced his memory.

"I can't remember clearly now, but I was the subject of experiments when I was young. It made me immune to any poison."

"What kind of experiment–"

"Sir Diego. It is rude to ask such a question directly," Yuanna rebuked.

Then Diego scratched the back of his head with a puzzled face and asked her, "Do you feel much better now, Saintess?"

Kayden clicked his tongue and looked at Diego who seemed busy taking care of Yuanna.

Kayden, who had been watching him quietly, asked bluntly, "But why does Sir Diego care so much about the Saintess? Do you like her?"

"Isn't this good compared to what you do to the Young Lady Floné?"