Chapter 153

***

A thick layer of poisonous gas settled around the cabin. It was Jenas' doing.

Arthdal scanned the chaos around him.

Margaret had been taken by Jenas, and Kayden had suddenly disappeared.

Ruzef had barely regained his senses, but when he heard what had happened, he panicked. He blamed himself for everything that had happened.

"Archbishop, you need to focus on your recovery now, and you can blame yourself later."

Yuanna, who had spoken soothing words to keep him from breaking down, placed her hand on his chest.

The pure white light that emanated from her palm surrounded them. It was like the air was cleansed, and just by being there, Arthdal felt as if his mind had been purified.

Fortunately, Ruzef's complexion had visibly improved. Yuanna wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead and looked around.

"I don't think there's anything wrong, but the Archbishop needs rest right now."

A woman named Anata helped Yuanna to make a place for Ruzef to rest.

Arthdal slumped down in his seat in exhaustion.

"Damn it, my body isn't listening to me. Damn earring!"

Suddenly, Kayden's words echoed in his mind just before he disappeared.

Shortly after Margaret was kidnapped, Kayden's earring suddenly glowed. I'd heard it was a magical aid, but something was wrong with the earring.

After he said those words, Kayden disappeared.

Arthdal couldn't figure out where to begin. Would we ever get off the island?

His vision caught a glimpse of Enoch about to jump into the barrier thickly covered with poison gas, with Diego barely stopping him.

"Might as well smash it."

Enoch drew his sword, and a yellow light that looked like lightning crackled and flashed fiercely from the blade.

Startled, Arthdal ran up and grabbed him by the shoulder.

"Hey, Banhwang! Are you crazy!"

Arthdal's interruption caught Enoch's impassive gaze.

"Please, calm down!"

"Calm down? You're asking me to calm down when Margaret's life and death are at stake?"

Enoch growled in a low voice. His tone was heavy and murderous, and the air grew cold in an instant.

Still, Arthdal didn't back down, grabbing him by the shoulder and pointing a finger at the barrier.

"How many people have died while trying to break the barrier activated by mana? Even knowing that, are you still going to do that?"

Enoch stared at the barrier as he listened to Arthdal's words. It was impossible to tell what Enoch was thinking, but it was clear that he was not in his right mind.

Arthdal was at a loss for words when he watched Enoch trying to break through the barrier with only his sword.

The aura generated by the cold blade slowly expanded in size and enveloped Enoch's body.

Before long, a fierce wind whipped around him. Yellow sparks flew wildly everywhere. The aura was so overwhelming and murderous that one might have thought lightning was striking.

Enoch's body was slashed and torn by the strong, sharp force.

"Damn it, you're going to die!"

Arthdal's cries were useless.