I | Beware of the Scoundrel

Several years later…

     “A sharp blade is a dangerous tool to hand to someone capable of using it.”

     “Especially if they are a mere stranger.”

     “Are you not afraid, Mr. Smith?”

     Kai blinks. He feels his fingers twitch as he clasps his own hands onto each other and down below his waist. His sight travels to the different faces, away from the commodore who stood before him with a sword on her hand. Several other soldiers stood at the side, guarding the room and more specifically the two occupants.

     He looks back at the higher up and smiles. “No, Ma’am.” It was the truth. “I am, however, aware of your advice, Ma’am. Which is why I often train myself if the time comes.

     But a good place with a good commodore means there’s not much to fret,” Kai continued, watching the woman examining the newly forged weapon glistening ever so elegantly. “It seems your rule is holding back the wanted pirates, hence they’re pretty silent. Am I not wrong, Ma’am?”

     The commodore lets out a soft chuckle. “Be careful with your words, Mr. Smith,” she warned. “You have a way of charming people, however, do it with the wrong person they will turn around and on your knees you will be.”

     She lounges the blade forward and points the tip to Kai. He remains unflinched.

     “Even an intelligent man cannot fathom the correct trail, let alone a poet.” The commodore smirks.

     As the lady continues her conversation with the young adult, In the corner of the room there murmurs a soldier, “I hope you don’t mind me asking, but in all your life — just in case you remember — how long have you held back a piss?”

     “I’m afraid my answer will not affect your fate, Jay.”

     “Come on, at least give me a record to beat. You know I can be competitive.”

     “...”

     “Lloyd.”

     The young soldier eyes the squirming man beside him. Head to toe. He puffs out a sigh of defeat and decides to delight his friend as quietly as he could so the commodore would not hear him.

     “Once, the sun was setting when I happened to spot him having a conversation with himself among the llamas. I believe he was talking about — and I quote, how many llamas would it take for them to run the world? ” He shakes his head. “I was there to take a short piss, but I could not miss the chance of letting him go.”

     “Uh huh… who’s he?

     Lloyd puffs out his chest and deepens his glare at the wall. He snarls out the venomous name to his tongue, “Dangerbuff.”