XI| The Process of Elimination

Warning! Graphic depictions of violence (possibly heavy depends on ur imagination ur honour), v minor character deaths, and kai's bad ideas (a saga).

<>

     Some time has passed since then and soon enough everyone’s fallen exhausted. The cheerful cheers however goes on in the hectic ship, much to contrast against the quiet crew on the main bounty.

     With droopy eyes and excessive yawns, the gang decides they shall call it the night. Lloyd informs them that he’ll wake them up after a short nap, so they shouldn’t worry. Being the oldest, Kai insists on this.

     “I’ll handle the lookout instead, alright? I’m not taking a no,” the brunet said as the four slowly waddled at the main deck, making their way towards the berth.

     Lloyd arrogantly shakes his head. “It’s okay Mr. Kai. I’m built like a night owl so I can — I can take it…” He yawns right after.

     Jay giggles at it and soon yawns too.

     Kai scoffs. “Really? Because you look like you’re about to wake us up by noon and next thing we know we’re inside someone’s belly.”

     “Don’t argue with him; once he’s set up his mind, there’s no turning away from it,” Nya sighed out. She pats Lloyd’s shoulder and passes by, being the first to step foot on the steep stairs and descend down.

     “Us being here is enough proof.”

     Lloyd light heartedly groans with a small smile, not quite used to such a nice gesture coming from someone who is not Jay and his mother. “Thanks.”

     Kai stands by the side, allowing the two other men to climb down the stairs first before him. “I’ll also keep watch if someone’s to abduct you again and throw you over, if that’s what you were concerned about.”

     “See, Jay? It’s not that hard to be nice.”

     “Hey, I’ve always been nice to you!”

     “Mr. Kai and Nya were covering me up with blankets the night I was tossed like a fish. You on the other hand was singing me a song. How is that nice?”

     Jay lets out a dramatic gasp and clenches his fist on his chest. “Oh, you ungrateful ass! Nya, he’s being mean to me.”

     “Oh yeah? What am I supposed to do with it?”

     “Tell Lloyd you’re my new best friend and not him.”

     “Awe, Nya’s got a best friend now. That’s so unlike you,” Kai teased, receiving a few fits of giggles from the other two.

     Nya sighs and turns to the young soldier once he reaches the last step. He pauses. Jay bumps into him and scoffs. She stares at Lloyd for a while, with sleepy eyes seemingly about to drop any second now; it makes it look like she’s not tolerating their jokes at the moment, unless she actually is not tolerating their jokes.

     “Let’s get some rest, dear best friend.” She wraps an arm around the blond’s shoulders with a big fat shit-eating grin plastered on her face, suddenly energized.

     Jay offensively scoffs midway on the stairs. He crosses his arm across his chest. “You’re making it appear that my singing voice is downright terrible. It’s offensive.” He looks at Kai over his shoulder. Kai cocks a brow.