Chapter 1: Introduction

——————————🪡——————————

"Let us tell an old story anew, and we will see how well you know it."

The sun rose over the land, illuminating the trees and fields, as well and a tall, magnificent castle, and a thick wooded forest.

"Once upon a time, there were two Kingdoms that were the worst of neighbors. So vast was the discord between them that it was said only a great hero or a terrible villain might bring them together."

Windmills spun around in the breeze, and horses and little houses could be seen in the open fields.

"In one kingdom, lived people like you and me, with a vain and greedy king to rule over them. They were forever discontent and envious of the wealth and beauty of their neighbors. For in the other kingdom, the Moors, lived every manner of strange and wonderful creature."

Several tall mountains could be seen from miles away. They were covered with trees and greenery and surrounded the thick, beautiful forest where creatures with winds flew about in the sky.

"And they needed neither king nor queen but trusted in one another."

Up in one of the mountains, a giant, twisted tree, grew on the very edge of a cliff.

"In a great tree on a great cliff in the Moors lives such a spirit."

In the branches of a tree, sat a big nest. And in the nest, a young boy laid on his back, smiling happily.

"You might take him for a boy, but he was not just any boy. He was a fairy."

The young boy had two horns that grew out of the top of his head, pointy ears and teeth, and two great big wings. He had striking green eyes, and sharp cheek bones. Green magic swirled around his finger tips as he made two little figures dance with each other.

A gust of wind blew through the trees, and the boy heard a snap, making him gasp in surprise, and stop his magic.

He climbed along his tree and found the branch that had broken. He cupped his hands around the branch and closed his eyes. The green magic emerged from his hands and he used it to fix the branch.

The boy opened his eyes and smiled at his work. "There you go."

"And his name...was Maleficent."

Maleficent jumped off of his tree and extended his wings. He flew through the sky, above the Moors and last several other fairies that were going about their day.

"Good morning Mr. Chanterelle! I love your cap!" He greeted kindly.

A fairy who was walking along the grass looked up at him with a smile and lifted his cap in reply.

Maleficent flew past some creatures with long, floppy noses who were standing around a rock in a stream. They saw him coming and picked up some mud.

"No. No, don't do it." Maleficent warned.

The creatures didn't listen. They threw the mud at him, and Maleficent ducked to avoid getting hit.