Chapter 7: Growing Up

——————————🪡——————————

The three fairies were sitting in a grass field near a very steep cliff having a picnic with little Aurora who was now a toddler.

On the other side of the cliff, Maleficent and (Y/n) were sitting in a tree watching them, along with Diaval who was in his bird form.

Maleficent glanced over at (Y/n) who was slouching on the branch and rubbing her eyes in exhaustion.

"You look tired." He commented.

(Y/n) nodded as she yawned. "Yeah, well taking care of a child will do that to you. Especially when you can only take care of said child at night."

Maleficent observed her as she let out a heavy sigh and ran her fingers through her hair. He then wordlessly leaned towards her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her down to lay her head on his chest.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as he did so. "W-What are you doing?" She asked, looking up at him.

Maleficent didn't meet her eyes and kept watching the fairies. "I'm making you take a nap. Can't have you exhausted, or the child might die before the curse has even had a chance to work."

A small smile spread onto (Y/n)'s face at his words, as he watched him raise his other hand and use his magic to pull Flittle's hair.

Flittle thought it was Thistlewit who did it, and started pulling her hair too. Then Maleficent used his magic to knock Knotgrass's hat off her head. Flittle and Knotgrass both began to attack Thistlewit.

(Y/n) lightly giggled at the scene, not noticing Maleficent looking down at her and smiling softly upon hearing her laugh.

Maleficent then turned his gaze to Aurora who was running around, chasing after a butterfly. Unbeknownst to her, she was running closer and closer to the edge of the cliff.

"Oh look." He said casually. "The little beast is about to fall off the cliff."

(Y/n) shot up from Maleficent in a panic. "What?!"

Aurora kept running closer and closer to the edge, completely unaware of the danger she was in while Maleficent watched her.

(Y/n) was ready to jump down and try to save her, only Maleficent kept a firm arm around her, preventing her from leaving.

"Maleficent, let me go! Do something." She shouted.

Maleficent didn't move. Diaval started cawing at him in a panic, and (Y/n) was struggling in his grip as Aurora came right up to the edge. (Y/n) and Diaval covered their eyes as Aurora screamed.

But then the screaming turned into laughter. (Y/n) brought her hand down from her face and saw Maleficent using his magic to control the branches sticking out of the cliff. Aurora sat in the branches giggling as she was lifted back up to the ground.

(Y/n) looked up at Maleficent in surprise and he looked down at her.

"What?" He asked defensively.

(Y/n) just smiled. "Nothing." She replied, and laid her head back down on his chest and quickly fell asleep.

Maleficent looked down at her and pulled her slightly closer to him. Diaval cawed and Maleficent looked up at him. Diaval stared at the two and although he was just a bird right now, Maleficent could tell he was giving him a smug look.