Chapter 13: The End

——————————🪡——————————

Aurora and (Y/n) stood on a hill in the Moors, watching as Maleficent flew over the wall he had put up, and use it magic to bring it back down.

"Maleficent brought down his wall of thorns and took off his crown."

...

Aurora walked through the Moors, the sun shining down brightly on her.

"And he invited Aurora to see how the Moors had been once, long ago, when Maleficent was but a child and his heart was bright. For now it was again."

As she walked, all kinds of flowers and plants sprouted up around her, and all the fairies flew around excitedly, happy that the Moors was back the way it was.

The flowers spread over to where Maleficent's old throne was, covering the vines and making it look more bright and lively.

"But that was not all."

Maleficent stood by the throne, his arm looped with (Y/n)'s, and Diaval standing beside them. They all watched as Aurora climbed up the stone steps to the platform, and looked at them with a bright smile.

Knotgrass, Flittle, and Thistlewit flew towards them, carrying a small crown made up of golden leaves.

"We present this crown to our little Aurora." Knotgrass announced. "For whom we have sacrificed the best years of our—."

Maleficent shot them a look.

"...Never mind..."

Maleficent looked back at Aurora and smiled as he placed the crown on her head.

"Our kingdoms have been unified. You have your Queen!" He told the audience.

All the fair people of the Moors cheered and celebrated at the news.

(Y/n) leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Maleficent's cheek. He looked down at her and slipped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him, and placing a passionate kiss on her lips.

Aurora looked up from the Fair People, and noticed that Phillip had come to see her. He smiled brightly at her, and she smiled back just as bright.

"So you see, the story is not quite as you were told, and I should know, for I was the one they called Sleeping Beauty."

Maleficent stood on the edge of a cliff watching the fairies celebrate Aurora's coronation. (Y/n) came up beside him, and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Maleficent's glanced down at her with a smile. "Hello my love." He greeted.

(Y/n) gave him a coy smile. "Hello Fairy Godfather." She teased.

He rolled his eyes and gave her side a small squeeze as a retort, and she jumped a little.

"In the end, my kingdom was not united by a hero or a villain, as legend had predicted, but by one who was both hero and villain."

Maleficent scooped (Y/n) into his arms and jumped off the cliff, spreading his wings and flying into the air. It felt so good to feel the wind in his face again after so many years.

(Y/n) laughed loudly, as Maleficent flew higher and higher until he burst through the clouds. He closed his eyes, and felt the sun wash over his body like he had done so many times before.

When he opened his eyes, he gazed down at the woman in his arms. She looked back up at him, and the two slowly leaned into each other and connected their lips.

"And his name was Maleficent."

——————————🪡——————————