Chapter 11: True Love's Kiss

——————————🪡——————————

Maleficent and Diaval made their way to the castle. They had to rescue (Y/n), and they still had hope that maybe Phillip could free Aurora from her curse.

Diaval grabbed the still unconscious Phillip from his horse and pulled him along as he floated in the air.

Maleficent and Diaval looked up at the gate to the castle as well as the walls, and noticed that there were no guards posted outside.

"They pulled the guards. He's waiting for you in there. If we go inside those walls, we'll never come out alive." Diaval warned.

"The don't come. It's not your fight." Maleficent told him.

He walked forward, Phillip following behind him, leaving Diaval standing there looking dumb-struck.

"Huh. Thank you very much. 'I need you, Diaval...I can't do this without you, Diaval.'" He muttered to himself, as he followed Maleficent.

"I can hear you." Maleficent said.

...

Two guards lead the three fairies into Aurora's room. They were back to their regular size and they slowly floated towards a lavish bed where Aurora lay, sleeping soundly.

Stefan stood beside her, looking down at his daughter. "Look at her. Look at what you've done." He hissed at the fairies.

"...She's only sleeping..." Knotgrass told him sheepishly.

Stefan looked up at her. "She's only sleeping, you say?" He rounded the bed and approached them. "She's only sleeping. She's only sleeping forever!" He shouted.

The three fairies whimpered in slight fear.

"Oh, what about the kiss?" Thistlewit offered.

Knotgrass perked up. "Yes! True love's kiss!"

"True love does not exist." Stefan whispered.

"But it's her only chance, Your Majesty." Flittle reminded him.

In response to this, he batted her aside and stormed out of the room, the guards following behind him.

...

(Y/n) had been sitting in her cell for what felt like years. Though she knew it had only been a few hours by tracking the sun through the tiny window high up on the wall.

She had spent a good amount of time pacing back and forth the cobbles floor of the cell, and there were several footprints made in the dusty floor to prove it. She had been trying to figure a way out, but judging by the thick bars and sturdy stone walls, she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

So, she just took to sitting on the small, uncomfortable bed that was pushed up against the left wall of the cell, waiting for someone to tell her what was going to happen to her.

During this time, (Y/n) had a lot of time to think. She thought about Aurora, and wondered if the curse had succeeded now that she was back at the castle, or if it had been prevented from happening.