Chapter 2: A New Friendship

——————————🪡——————————

"Maleficent!"

"Are you there?!"

Several weeks had passed since the three had met, and now Stefan and (Y/n) were standing by the tree line that lead into the Moors to visit him again.

"Maleficent!" (Y/n) yelled.

After a few moments of silence, the two sighed, and assumed that he wasn't coming. They were about to leave, when the sounds of wings flapping was heard behind them.

They turned and saw Maleficent standing behind them with a smile. "After all these weeks, look who came back." He commented.

(Y/n) shrugged. "We thought it was worth the risk."

Maleficent's wings fluttered happily a bit, hearing that she had wanted to come back to see him.

"So, what do you do for fun?" Stefan asked.

...

Maleficent flew over a small stream with (Y/n) and Stefan holding onto his feet, yelling and screaming in delight.

Eventually, they lost their grip, and fell into the water while Maleficent flew above them, laughing.

...

Maleficent extended his wing out to (Y/n) who gently placed her hand on them, and felt how soft they were.

"Wow, they're so pretty." She complimented.

"So are you." Maleficent muttered.

(Y/n) was so distracted by his wings, she didn't quite hear what he said. "Sorry, what?"

"U-Uh, I said thank you." He stammered, trying to hide his growing red cheeks.

Stefan watched the encounter from a distance and smiled knowingly.

...

"Stefan, (Y/n) and Maleficent became the most unlikely of friends."

(Y/n) and Maleficent knelt down on the grass, as a small deer approached them.

"So, you just extend your hand out like this..."

Maleficent wrapped an arm around (Y/n), and cupped his hand over hers, extending it towards the deer.

"...and you let him come to you." He instructed.

The deer slowly approached (Y/n), and began to eat the food that was in her hand.

(Y/n) watched the animal with an enchanted smile on her face, happy that she had gotten to feed him.

Maleficent glanced down at her and smiled softly. He loved how gentle and compassionate and kind she was. Very different from what he was told about humans.

"He likes you." Maleficent told her.

(Y/n) looked up at him, and they both noticed how close their faces were to each other. The two awkwardly looked away, and went back to focusing on feeding the deer.