Chapter 5: The Christening

——————————🪡——————————

"All manner of folk came to the christening."

Hundreds upon hundreds of wealthy looking people flooded into the throne room to see the new princess. King Stefan and the Queen sat on their thrones, and a few feet away sat a crib with a baby girl in it.

"Even a trio of fairies who sought to foster peace and goodwill."

The three fairies from the Moors flew above the crowd towards Stefan, the Queen, and Princess.

"Oh there's the baby!"

"I love babies."

"Can you just concentrate, please? I'm not telling you again."

The three flew in front of King Stefan and bowed.

"Greetings, Your Majesty. I'm Knotgrass of the Moorland fairfolk." The pink one introduced.

"I'm Flittle, Your Kingship." The blue one added.

"And I'm Thistlewit, Your Royalnesses." The green one said.

The Queen leaned closer to Stefan. "They bring gifts for our daughter."

"These are not just any old gifts, we're magic you see." Flittle told them.

"And very good with children." Knotgrass promised.

Stefan stared wordlessly for a moment, then silently waved them towards the crib where the baby was laying.

The three fluttered over and looked down at the adorable little princess in her crib.

Knotgrass spoke first.

"Sweet Aurora, I wish for you, the gift of beauty."

Knotgrass blew a few small rose petals onto Aurora and she giggled.

Flittle came up next. "My wish, is that you'll never be blue, only happy for all the days of your life."

A few blue butterflies flew around Aurora and one landed on her nose, making her sneeze.

Thistlewit came up last. "Sweet baby, my wish for you, is that you find—."

Thistlewit didn't get to finish giving her gift. A strong wind blew through the throne room, blowing out the candles and plunging the room in darkness. The guests screamed and looked around in a panic, as the three fairies struggled to not get blown away.

The shadow of a figure with horns could be seen on the walls as it entered the throne room. The crowd looked on in fear as Maleficent strode into the room.

He wore all black robes that trailed on the floor behind him, a black top, pants, and shoes, and a black cover over his head. He had a staff clutched in his left hand.

(Y/n) silently walked next to him wearing a mostly black outfit as well, and her arm was looped with his.

Maleficent walked up to the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the thrones and slammed his staff on the ground so it echoed throughout the room and smirked at Stefan.