Prologue: A Fateful Invitation

(A/N): Yeah, I know the actual story itself hasn't started yet at the time this has been published... but I thought it might be good to have a head-start for this. After all, this chapter doesn't really rely on the story events itself... well... mostly. o-o Regardless, do enjoy the read! I worked hard on it! :O

Ahh... the lovely sunny afternoon... Normally these are times where people relieve themselves from their stress, see the sights from the fresh outdoors, and just enjoy life in general. Well... this can't really be said the same for one individual in particular, who's... been having a lot on her mind as of recently...

Inside this person's humble adobe, this girl was lying on her bed. She was a short, blonde, banana-like haired girl wearing an orange kimono with a floral pattern. Her twintails were seemingly being held by green hair bows, with cat face pins slapped on them. Right now, she seemed to be focused on a video shown on TV involving a familiar face...

"Hey everyone! Akira Odashi here, and welcome to today's livestream! For this stream, I'm gonna be trying to speedrun through Super Mario Galaxy while blindfolded! Honestly, I never really tried to do this challenge for this game... Heh, I tried this for Sunshine and 64 beforehand, so either way, this'll be a fun new experience that all of you and I will go through together! So before we start, just remember to hit that like button and subscribe if you're interested for more gaming videos like these!"

The video then switched to another one, featuring an orange-haired girl, wearing a small polka dot top hat and clothing, with her hair tied up into a ponytail.

"Hello, hello, heeelloooooo everyooooone!! IIIIIIIIIIIt's Penelope! And welcome back toooooooo... Penelope's Playhouse!!" The orange haired girl shouted with joy. "Today's episode is gonna be a VERY VEEEEERY special one! So make sure you stay seated, as we're gonna have a LOT of fun today!! Heehee!"

The sight of Penelope made the blonde girl crack a bit of a smile. 'Heh... good memories watching that show when I was at a bit of a younger age..! Probably the only kid's show that I liked there! All of the other ones stank..!' Just then, the screen then swapped to another different video.

There, was zoomed in footage of a pink-haired boy who seemed to be a bit on the short side, devouring many, many donuts. He seemed to have a confident look on his face. An announcer spoke as he continued to eat.

"And Kentaro is currently at 123 donuts eating, and it doesn't seem like he's tiring out yet! His opponent may have to hope for a miracle to win this!"

The boy, named Kentaro, kept on with the donut eating, making the amount go up to 130... and eventually 140!

Eventually, his opponent seemed to stop completely once Kentaro reached 150 donuts having been eaten. The audience had cheered after this occurred, with the overjoyed boy rising out of his seat in victory.

"And there you have it! Kentaro Fukuda has WON the 2032 Boston Creme Donut Competition!!"

'Geez, only a fat pig like him would actually waste his own life on a talent like THAT! He should have be obese by then!' The girl watching everything had thought again...

The video footage swapped to a sunglasses-wearing boy with black hair and a grey hat, being swarmed by what seemed like a paparazzi. He seemed rather uncomfortable about the situation.

"H-How many times have I told all of you... to get the hell AWAY FROM ME?!" He yelled at the multiple cameramen, feeling very irritated by their presence.

They didn't seem to listen, however, as they kept chattering and asking him questions.

"Ghhhhhrgh..!! Fuck THIS!!" The boy yelled, as he ran off from the crowd as quick as he could. In spite of this, the paparazzi followed suit.