Chapter 6: Big Reveals When You Leash Expect Them

Hiyoko and Madison stood around the hotel lobby, waiting for everyone else inhabiting the island to group up. Madison looked towards her, trying to think of something to converse about. She knew how Hiyoko could get impatient at times, and she didn't want the long wait to be too long for her standards...

"Hmm... I suggest with the time we have, perhaps it would be best if we could try to get to know each other before any of the others arrive here? By asking things about each other, there's a chance we could become more well-acquainted."

Hiyoko wanted to scoff at the idea... She didn't need any friends, let alone when you're surrounded by mostly insane-in-the-brain morons! That's if they even have any at all... but then again, there wasn't much she could have done without getting bored to bits. So ultimately, she didn't have much of a choice.

"Alright, fine..." Hiyoko sighed. "... but only so I don't get bored..."

She wasn't really the best at genuine social conversation, but if it means passing the time... she thought it wouldn't hurt to try. Now all she had to do was think of a good question for Madison...

"Okay... so what was up with you earlier?" Hiyoko asked, which Madison looked confused about.

"What do you mean?"

"You know! You looking sad back there? When Aaron mentioned something about love and all?" Hiyoko explained, showing a tiny bit of unmasked concern from her voice. "That obviously wasn't normal for someone as stoic as you!"

Madison immediately went silent. Hiyoko raised her eyebrow. It had to be something personal, wasn't it?

"... It was someone who I knew back home... but that is isn't important currently." Madison said, partly dodging from explaining any further.

Hiyoko's assumptions were true. It did seem to be personal...

"Alright, fine... w-whatever... keep those thoughts to yourself... but if those thoughts piles onto you emotionally later, don't come crawling back to me for that!"

Madison looked away a bit as Hiyoko tried to think of another topic to get her head off of it.

"Okay, okay... how about your favorite food? You OBVIOUSLY already know mine, so I think you should tell me yours!"

This did seem to help distract Madison from earlier, as she thought about her answer... "Well, I don't particularly have a specific favorite... but I did have a love for omelettes in all honesty. You know, like fried eggs being folded up with different fillings. Say, vegetables and mushrooms for example."

"Yeah... I've already heard of those kinda stuff..." Hiyoko stated. "I prefer mine with mirin, bonito flakes, soy sauce and the like... Just between you and I, and this is probably the ONLY time I ever tell you something like this since I've known you more than anyone else here, so be lucky..!" Hiyoko claimed before looking away a tad bit. "I... sometimes have some with fried rice, crab meat, and stir-fried yakisoba noodles..."

"That's quite an interesting combination if I've heard of one, in all honesty..." Madison nodded, listening throughly. "I do appreciate you being honest there."

"Hey, I'm honest like 110% of the time!" Hiyoko claimed. "Anyone who doesn't believe me as so should probably wash their brains around until it's all clear from all of the junk it collected over the years..!"

Madison smirked a little at that, finding that a bit amusing in her eyes.

"Hey!! What's so funny?!" Hiyoko asked her, feeling offended... because of course she would.

"It's nothing." Madison said, trying to hide the reasoning from her. "Just something in my head that made me laugh a bit."

"You better be truthful there, child-stalker..." Hiyoko looked away with pouting.