Shift In Time

Ch.3

The next few days were chaotic as the city began to stabilize itself. The government scrambled to recover from the invasion as the news covered the city and its new group called 'The Avengers'. They were constantly broadcasted and Harry was intrigued by this group. While the muggles seemed to have extraordinary talent in the weapons they wield, the 2 that caught his attention were the Hulk and Thor. One was using an interesting method of transfiguration and the other clearly used some form of magic in addition to using his weapon.

While he really wanted to know these individuals and wondered why the magic council (MACUSA was it?) wasn't doing anything against this blatant use of magic being shown to muggles. Since this is probably a new world, it seems logical if there's a magic organisation due to there being magic streams and thus unlocking the potential to there being more magic beings excluding Hulk and Thor. One good thing about being in another world is that since he was transported here then it's very unlikely that he exists thus no dark lord, no prophecy and no fame. Though on the other hand, since he isn't famous anymore, it seems unlikely that he will be able to meet them two.

Another boon that has happened due to the demolition of the city is that many documents were lost and the power lines cut meant that people have to re-register manually at designated centers. Harry took his chance and glamoured himself to be taller in order to make it look like he's older. When it was his turn to be registered then he mentioned how he recently moved here from England and was recently moving in when the battle broke out. When he mentioned that he's lived with his aunt and asked about his age, he was free to go with little fanfare as he was ushered out due to the amount of people that were lined up even if he was near the back of the line when he got here.

Securing a place to sleep in was surprisingly easy as Harry was able to sweet talk his way into getting an apartment set up with using his gallons from his moleskin bag since they were made out of pure gold. He knew that this would probably not be a good idea for income and instead plans to transfigure some of the coins into jewelry and find a jeweler that would be interested in taking a few of his works.After getting settled into his small apartment he got to work with taking 5 Gallons out and made a set with them forming a necklace, pair of earrings, bracelet and a ring. He quickly ventured out in hopes of it being passable to get some cash. Transfiguration was his best bet at getting money since it can't be undone without a magical person intervening.

The few shops he saw and entered didn't even attempt to inspect the items as they believed it to be fake, after all why would a 15 year old carry around hundreds of dollars worth around and not even conceal it. However he got lucky with one place and the jeweler accepted the items, when questioned harry simply stated that they belonged to his distant cousin and when they died he got jewelry so instead of letting it rot away at the bottom of the shelf he would sell it to get some money. The jeweler waved him off and he walked outside to finally get some food.

With his new currency he quickly sorted through some groceries and returned to the apartment. On the way back he had some more cash and decided after seeing some teens sucked into their phone, why not get one as well. He bought one of the cheaper ones as he might break it accidentally. When he arrived he quickly made some food and turned the phone on. Since he grew up with the Dursleys he has at least some brush with technology and wasn't completely clueless. He was able to navigate the phone and when he checked the date he was surprised to see that he was now in the year 2012 and not in 2001. Not as shocked in comparison to the rest of his life he began exploring all of the features that a phone grants and how to use them.

Over the course of the next few weeks he used the phone to familiarize himself in this dimension. The timeline is quite different as now there are differentiation's from his timeline. One example being that there was a completely different war carried out and it was the debut of Captain America. Another point was that technology is far more advanced than it was in his world and this is primarily due to the Stark Industries. Harry took note of each important aspect of this world into a notebook that he bought alongside his groceries. Over this period he studied harder than at Hogwarts and immersed himself into the internet, carefully blocking his magic in order to not fry the device.