Part 7

A week later

You get out of your car and are met with Lex who had just arrived a few minutes ago. "Suppp dude," you say, exaggerating your words which made Lex chuckle.

"Hey," he responds as you go to your car trunk to get your stuff. "You ready for this?" He asks, excited for this weekend trip.

"Yeah, I guess so," you say as you grab your tent and a few other things from your car. "It's weird tho, why would your mom invite me to y'all's camping trip. It's been your family tradition for years." You ramble.

"I don't know, but I'm glad she did," he says honestly. "It's going to be so much more fun," he adds with a grin. Undoubtedly, he's up to something.

The Luthors always went camping for a weekend in the year. They would camp for two nights and then return home on a Sunday afternoon.

It was tradition, family time. Absolutely no electronics were allowed as this was their time to bond and catch up with each other with no work or school worries.

"Come on, let's go," Lex says. "Everyone else is already on the way. It's only like 15 minutes from here."

It was still early enough in the day. Around 12 pm, the drive here was about 2 hours, so now you had plenty of time to set up and relax or explore the area.

You finally got to the clearing where the Luthors would usually camp. "Heyo, your favourite person is here," you exclaim, catching the attention of the rest of the Luthors.

Lilian laughs at your dramatic entry. You smile as you greet her "Hi" you say as you hug her. "Mr Luthor," you say as you send him a quick hello.

You weren't sure if you should hug him or not as you weren't as close with him since he was a busy man, running his company and all, so you don't interact with him as much as Lilian.

"Why is she here?" Lena groans annoyed, not having been told beforehand that you will be here.

Your question was answered as he put his arms out for you to hug him. "Why does she hate me so much?" You whisper to him as Lena questions why you're here.

You, of course knew why, but Mr Luthor just smiled at you, saying, "i don't know," with a small laugh.

Lena's parents knew how you tease her and that she doesn't like you for it, but they never understood why as they were pretty harmless jokes, they would be annoying maybe, sure but they weren't terrible.

The only reason you teased Lena was because of her reactions. Her reactions were just too good to stop.

You pull away from him and spot Lena staring daggers at you. You send her a quick wave followed by an air kiss and an innocent smile, causing her to look away.

You chat with Lex while you both start setting up your tents next to each other. You look at Lex seeing his confused face as he stares at the tent laid out on the floor and the manual trying to figure it out.

You laugh at him as you see him struggle. "You're so useless," you joke, causing him to huff. He looks in your direction "wait what? How are you almost done it's been like 5 minutes?" Lex questions baffled.

"It doesn't take an hour to set up a tent, Lex, it shouldn't take more than like 5-10 minutes for ones like these. I'll help you in a few, when i finish mine, " you say.

You giggle to yourself as you finish your own tent at the realization that Lex has been going camping every year with his family. How does he not know.

"Okay, done." You say. "I'll help you now." You helped him set up his tent and everyone else was already done.

"Lex genuine question here, and don't be mad," you say, looking at him smugly. "What?" He says already knowing he's not gonna like what you say next.

"Did mommy and daddy set your tent up for you before this year?" You ask in a tone that you would use when speaking to a baby.

You hear Lena giggle as she heard you making fun of Lex for his inability to set up a tent.

"I'm gonna kill you," he says in a serious tone, narrowing his eyes at you, causing you to laugh. "It's a new tent," Lex defends himself.

"Umhmmm sure, let's go with that," you say sarcastically. Lex just glares at you as you pat him on the shoulder and go to put your stuff in your tent.

Lillian and Lionel just laugh between themselves as they also witnessed your interaction. They loved the way you would banter with Lex and Lena, though Lena did not feel the same.

Lena only enjoyed your little jokes and comments when they weren't directed at her.

Part of the reason the Luthors liked you so much was because of your laid-back personality and how you were always able to lighten up their mood when they were down. You were fun and bubbly but also serious when you needed to be.

They totally understood why you were Lex's best friend and why they treated you like family.

You and Lex sit outside with everyone for a bit, just talking for a while. Lex's parents then go to their tent a little further away from the three of yours to get their things in order.

About 10 minutes later, Lex gets up claiming that he needs to pee and goes off somewhere deeper into the woods.

You are left alone with Lena, just sitting there. You didn't mind the silence. You actually loved sitting in a quiet space sometimes, so this was fine for you, but for Lena on the other hand, it was an awkward silence.

She couldn't wait for it to end, but she didn't want to get up either as she was too tired to move, so she hoped Lex would return soon.

You were lying on your back but sat up as you noticed the glares Lena sent you every so often. "Are you seriously going to keep glaring at me all trip?" You ask her.

"I just can't get rid of you can I-" she states. "You're in my school, my house and now my family trip," she says angrily.

"Ohh you know you love me," you say in a joking tone, causing her to get even angrier. "No, i don't, nobody does," she huffs. "Ouch," you say sarcastically.

You look at her for a few seconds as she gets more riled up. "You're hot when you're angry," you state bluntly as you lay back down.

You're outward statement caught her off guard, you've never said anything like that before and she was confused, but it also made her red in the face partly from embarrassment and partly because you just said she is hot.

You smirked to yourself as she didn't say anything after your statement as utter shock took over.

Lex comes back soon after. "I'm bac-" he starts "wait why are you so red?" Lex asks Lena, confused. Lena just gets more embarrassed.

"Rage," you say with a laugh. Lex looks at you confused. "Why?" Lex asks, looking at Lena again. "Because I'm here of course" you reply again.

"Makes sense," Lex says, knowing how much Lena used to hate you, but now he also sometimes notices signs that she may actually like you.

That's why Lex has been trying to convince you that Lena has a crush on you. Lex just thinks Lena is in denial and won't admit it to herself.

You've been a lot less annoying to her recently and stopped teasing her as much as you used to, and you even started protecting her from other assholes sometimes so it really wouldn't be surprising if her hatred for you subsided a bit.

"Ohhh, we should make a campfire," you exclaim excitedly. "Yeah, I'm down," Lex says. "We can make smores," you both scream at the same time, causing you both to burst out laughing.

"Do you know how to make a campfire or will i have to do all the work again?" You ask teasingly.

"Oh shut up," Lex says.