Chapter 68 - Sick (Short Series 4)

Atsushi: *peeks around for the nth time with a confused face*

Kunikida: Atsushi, can you do some of these for now? *hands over more paperwork* That stupid Dazai decided to be sick today.

Atsushi: ..Sick?

Kunikida: Yeah. He called earlier. I doubted it at first so I barged into his place but, he really had to crawl to the door just to open it..

Atsushi: I see. So that's why he didn't come even though he usually arrives around this time..

Kunikida: I would honestly prefer that idiot to work on some of those reports since he handled them himself, but in this situation...

Atsushi: *looks down, worry evident in his eyes*

Ranpo: Why don't you go deliver them to him later, Atsushi-kun?

Atsushi: Ranpo-san?

Kunikida: Ranpo-san! That's.. not a bad idea.

Ranpo: *opens lollipop* You have a spare key to his place, right?

Atsushi: *flinches* *HOW DID HE KNO-*

Ranpo: *smiles* If you go, we won't have to force him to open the door in his current state since you have a spare key.

Atsushi: T-that's..

Ranpo: If you don't want to go, you can lend Kunikida your spare key in the meantime.

Kunikida: Me? Ranpo-san, I'd really rather not babysit that annoying bastard..

Ranpo: Tanizaki or Kenji-kun, then?

Atsushi: *bits his lip and looks away* I-I'll do it, Ranpo-san! *Let's not bother the others..*

Ranpo: *grins* Great. Don't forget to remind him of the snacks he promised me in exchange for a favor.

Atsushi: *in a bit of a daze* Yes..

Kunikida: And the reports, don't forget to deliver them. You can do the ones where you participated in the investigations.

Atsushi: *sighs* I will.

Kunikida: Hey, no pressure. You don't have to buy any medicine too. I already got him what he needs to get his butt here tomorrow.

Atsushi: Alright. I got it.

Kunikida: I leave it to you, then.