Chapter 2

In bureau, Some time later, Rajendra calls a meeting and asks for updates on the case.

Aryan says "sir, the person who used the knife escaped, but we caught his another man. Unfortunately, he doesn't know anything useful."

Rajendra turns to Vidyunt and asks, "Did you see the knife-wielder's face?"

Vidyunt replies, "No, it was too dark in the classroom. But the lady might have seen him."

Rajendra responds sharply, "Then bring that girl to the bureau tomorrow, quickly."

                          ~~~~

At night, in a house, in the kitchen, two people fumble through a recipe on their phone, trying to cook something but clearly struggling. Vidyunt arrives home earlier than usual and finds his younger brother and sister attempting to cook.

He smiles looking at them they are like his energy booster No matter how tired he is. He steps in and says, "You two sit down. I'll handle this."

Startled by the voices because they are so focused on the video and surprised to see him home early, they don't say anything and step aside. Vidyunt rolls up his sleeves so he can start preparing the meal, once the easygoing meal his ready. He brings it close to him and smells it and thing 'It is better than yesterday.' Quickly he serves them, as they are waiting, and sits down with them to eats with them.

Later, Rajendra quietly enters a room where his two children are sleeping. He gently adjusts their blanket, kisses them on the forehead, and leaves.

Vikram observes this scene and heads to the kitchen, where food is ready. He takes a plate to Rajendra's room. When Rajendra enters, he sees Vikram placing the food on the table.

"Eat first, then sleep," Vikram says before leaving.

Rajendra watches Vikram go, then starts eating.

Vikram feels the need to talk to Vidyunt and finds him on the balcony, deep in thought. He enters into his room, Vidyunt notices him and says, "Bhai, you're here at this hour?"

"Yes, I needed to talk to you. I know what's on your mind, but you don't need to worry. No one has a place in my heart now," Vikram reassures him.

Vidyunt hugs Vikram emotionally and says, "Bhai, don't let what happened with Diya ever happen again."

Vikram hugs him back and replies, "Never. Now get some sleep, we have a lot of work tomorrow."

The next morning, Vedansh and Vidhi prepare to go to college. They look around for Vidyunt but don't see him. Vikram approaches and says, "He had some work, so he left early. You can come with me if you want."

Vidhi is initially happy but remembers something and hesitates. Ved, however, says, "Let's go, Bhaiya."

Vikram looks at Vidhi, who nods. Ved and Vidhi get into Vikram's car, and they head off.

                          ~~~~

Mahesh is in the garden with his friends as they laughing and talking and children playing and running as the weather is good so they are enjoying the view, when they hear gunshots. Panic ensues as people run in all directions. Mahesh spots a woman trapped with a child and a man with a knife approaching them. He helps the woman up and urges her to flee. As they try to escape, another goon with a gun blocks their path. Mahesh, thinking of Naina, feels a moment of panic. Like without him she don't have anyone.