Chapter 7

Naina is sitting in her room, thinking about Vikram. Mahesh has told her that Vikram is an officer, as he doesn't want to hide anything from her. Naina dislikes the world of law enforcement, and this revelation only adds to her anxiety. Everyone has their own fears, and this is hers.

She is deeply worried but doesn't want to dampen her father's happiness as he eagerly prepares for the wedding. She sighs, lies on the bed, and looks at her hand, where beautiful henna is applied. Soon, she falls asleep, unaware of what awaits her.

Meanwhile, Rajendra sternly warns Vidhi and Ved not to misbehave with Naina. He then looks at Vikram, who remains silent, before leaving.

.

.

All the family members are busy with the wedding preparations, ensuring everything is perfect for the big day. Two people, however, are happier than the bride and groom—their fathers. After a long time, there is joy in Rajendra's house, and his elder son is about to get married.

Wedding Day

Vikram glares angrily at Vidyunt, who is disturbing him incessantly.

Vidyunt, ignoring his brother's glare, tries to help him put on his sherwani. Vikram snatches the sherwani and, irritated, says, "Don't act like Mom," before heading inside to change.

Vidyunt laughs loudly. A short while later, Vikram comes out dressed in the sherwani. Vidyunt whistles and says, "She will fall in love when she sees you."

Just then, Rajendra enters, sees Vikram, and walks over to him. He places a red-colored safa (turban) on Vikram's head and says, "Let's go now."

                       ~~~~

Mahesh watches everything clearly, wanting to ensure that everything goes right for his only daughter's wedding. Dhruv approaches him, making him sit down, and says, "Don't worry, Uncle. I've checked everything."

Just then, the wedding procession (barat) arrives. Mahesh and Dhruv's parents go to welcome them. Dhruv's mother takes the thaal of Aarti and stands at the gate.

Vikram arrives, and she performs the groom's aarti. Rajendra and Mahesh hug each other, then Rajendra looks at Vikram, who touches Mahesh's feet and receives his blessings. Rajendra introduces his family to Mahesh.

Vidhi and Ved also take Mahesh's blessings. "This is my daughter Vidhi," Rajendra says, and Mahesh smiles lovingly at her.

Mahesh invites them inside and guides Vikram to the mandap, where he sits. Ved and Vidhi watch everything with excitement and a bit of unease. Vidyunt places a reassuring hand on their shoulders, assuring them that everything is okay.

.

.

Naina, dressed as a bride, looks at herself in the mirror, admiring the beautiful lehenga she is wearing. Rasika notices Naina lost in thought, shakes her gently, and asks, "What happened?"

Naina looks at her and says, "No, nothing," and smiles lightly.

Rasika, sensing her concern, says, "You're thinking about Uncle, right? Don't worry, Mom and Dad are there, and Dhruv and I are always here for you." Naina nods, reassured, and says, "Take care of Baba. Whatever happens, call me immediately."

Mahesh enters the room to take Naina to the mandap and overhears her. "Nothing will happen to me. Today is your wedding, not mine, and you're giving her so many instructions," he says.

Naina sees her father and listens to him. Rasika starts laughing.

Naina playfully says, "If you had gotten married, it would have been better. At least someone would be there to take care of you."

Dhruv and Rasika's mother arrives and says, "Now, leave the matter of this Bhaisaab's marriage and let's go out."

Naina nods and is about to come forward. Mahesh stands in front of her, tears of love in his eyes. He takes her hand, and they walk out together.

                         ~~~~

Vikram is sitting in the mandap, silently following the priest's instructions, but his mind is in turmoil. He is about to marry someone he doesn't know, doing it solely for his family's happiness and to avoid repeating past mistakes. His father chose the bride for him, and he doesn't want to let his family down again.

A sudden sound catches his attention, and he looks up to see a beautiful bride in a stunning red lehenga.

Naina is being escorted by her father. Mahesh guides her to the mandap, where three pairs of eyes are intently watching her. Naina stands silently beside Vikram. Rasika approaches with the garlands and hands one to Naina.

Naina glances at her father, who is already looking at her, and smiles. She slowly puts the garland around Vikram's neck. Rasika then gives Vikram his garland, which he places around Naina's neck.

Both sit down, and it's time for the Kanyadaan. Mahesh, visibly emotional, takes Naina's hand and places it in Vikram's, completing the ritual. He then hugs Naina. Vidhi performs the gathbandhan, tying the knot as a symbol of their union.

They stand for the saat pheras, the seven sacred rounds, and after completing them, they sit down again.

Next comes the time for sindoor. Rasika steps forward, removes Naina's veil, and sets aside her jewelry to reveal her hairline. Vikram takes the sindoor, hesitates for a moment as he looks at Naina, her eyes cast down, and then fills her hairline with the vermilion powder. He then puts the nuptial chain around her neck, symbolizing their marriage.

The Pandit declares them husband and wife. Rajendra and Mahesh hug each other happily. Everyone comes forward one by one to bless the newlyweds. Mahesh invites everyone to dinner. The food is delicious, and Vidhi, Ved, and Ishita enjoy it the most. Naina and Vikram eat silently.

Then it's time for the bidai, the emotional farewell. Naina sobs hard while hugging Sunita, Dhruv and Rasika's mother, who treats Naina like her own child. Rasika and Dhruv also shed tears as they hug Naina.

Finally, Naina looks at her father, who has tears in his eyes but is holding them back. She sobs even harder as she hugs him. Mahesh, knowing this day had to come, hugs her and kisses her forehead, saying, "Naina bache, take care of yourself and everyone there because now they are your family." Naina nods and hugs him again.

Mahesh walks her forward, leading her to the car. Vidyunt opens the door, and Mahesh helps her sit inside. He looks at Vikram, joins his hands, and says, "Take care of my child." Vikram holds his hand and nods. Mahesh turns to Rajendra and bids goodbye to him and his family.

                        ~~~~

I hope you like it.
Do vote and comment.