Chapter 3

Naina, addressing vedansh, says"It is not your fault at all, it is someone else's fault," and looks pointedly at Diya. Vidyunt notices her with angry expression and directs a stern look at Diya. "

Falsely accused, diya retorts,
"How can you accuse me falsely?" But Naina completely ignores her and leaves.

Vidyunt admires Naina’s poise and feels a sense of happiness from within.

Rajendra and Vedansh watch Naina walk away. Rajendra seems thoughtful, pondering over something.

As everyone returns to their tasks, Diya receives a phone call. Hearing the caller's voice, she lights up with joy and rushes to a cabin after hanging up.

Inside, Diya enthusiastically hugs the caller, exclaiming, "Vikram I knew you will never forget me! You know how Vidyunt spoke to me, but you didn't say anything. I knew you still love me, jaan".

Vikram pulls Diya away, his expression dark. "Why not? I have loved you a lot, jaan," he says, his tone laced with sarcasm.

Diya, blinded by her happiness, doesn’t notice Vikram’s menacing eyes.

Vikram slowly places his hand on Diya's neck and leans in to whisper furiously, "How dare you put your foot in the front of Vedansh? " He tightens his grip, but not enough to harm her, just to make a point.

Confused and scared, Diya nervously defends herself, "Vikram, I didn’t do anything like that. The girl was lying."

Vikram, now speaking dangerously, says, "Don’t I know to what extent you can fall? If my family has any other problem because of you, I will never leave you." He then pushes her away.

Shaken, Diya sees Vikram in this terrifying light for the first time. She stammers, "I will not do this," and quickly leaves the cabin.

                           ~~~~

Naina arrives home, and Mahesh recounts the day's events. Naina, feeling emotional, is comforted by Mahesh, who reassures her, saying, "Today, I will prepare dinner for my dear child."

After dinner, Naina heads to her room and quickly falls asleep, exhausted from the day's events.

                           ~~~~

Rajendra in his room, deep in his thoughts when he heard a noise.
He rushes out to find vidhi hurt and crying. He immediately move towards her and takes her hand in his hand and soothes her, saying, "shh.. baccha don't cry it will okay soon" .

Vidhi, still angry, pulls her hand away. Hurt by her behaviour he pulls his hand back. At the same time Ved and vidyunt comes out hearing the noise and Ved arrives with a first-aid box and hands it to Vidyunt, who bandages her wound.

Vidyunt, seeing his dad leave, scolds Vidhi, "How can you behave so rudely with Dad?"

Vidhi retorts, "Just like he forgets about us while doing his duty." She leaves before Vidyunt can respond.

Ved reassures his brother, "Bhai, don't worry. She's just like that. You know her. Now, get some rest."

The next morning, Rajendra kisses Vidhi's injured hand while she sleeps and then leaves.

The Rajendra family rises early for an important day. Vikram, Vidyunt, Vidhi, and Vedansh drive to an old temple.

After getting ready, the family leaves for an old temple. As they arrive, the sacred and serene ambiance welcomes them. They see two or three familiar people who always join them for this ritual. Vikram is already there, performing the puja. Dressed in a dhoti and a white shawl draped over his bare chest, he embodies the solemnity and tradition of their family.

The Pandit hands Vikram a Kalash filled with milk, which he pours over the Shivling, followed by water. The spiritual atmosphere deepens as Rajendra sits nearby, reflecting on every moment of his life and missing his late wife. The Shivling appears more divine as Vikram continues the ritual.

During the aarti, everyone stands up. Rajendra leads the ceremony, performing the aarti with reverence. Vidyunt follows, then Vidhi and Vedansh step forward to place flowers on the Shivling.

After the ritual, three men approach Rajendra, asking, "Ghar kab aayenge saheb?"

(When will you come home, sir?)

Rajendra's face hardens. "Kabhi nahi" (Never), he replies.

The men exchange glances and say, "Thik hai saheb, jaisi aapki marzi" (Alright, sir, as you wish), but remind him of the situation. Rajendra leaves without further words.

On their way back, it starts raining and traffic builds up. They see disabled children struggling to cross the road. Vidyunt offers to help, but they notice a girl with an umbrella assisting the children. She speaks with a teacher, then helps the children cross safely.

One child stops her by holding her dupatta and kisses her before she shyly leaves, making the girl smile.

Vidhi watches the scene with an indescribable feeling. Vidyunt recognizes the girl from the school and speaks to her briefly. She shakes her head and leaves.

Back in the car, Rajendra raises an eyebrow, and Vidyunt explains, "Papa, she is the same girl who helped with the sketch." Rajendra nods, pondering something as they drive off.

Rajendra and Vidyunt arrive at the bureau, where Ajit and Aryan are also working on the case. Vidyunt notices his dad is preoccupied and asks, "What are you thinking, Papa?"

"About Vikram... his marriage."

"But I can't let someone like Diya come into our lives again," Rajendra replies, concerned about past misunderstandings.

"But Bhai will agree? And his anger?" Vidyunt questions.

"Whatever happens, this house needs a woman now. I don't have much time," Rajendra mutters to himself.

Just then, Ishita rushes in, "Sir, we have to leave quickly. A criminal has been detected." Vidyunt nods, sees Vikram approaching, and they all head out to the car.

                          ~~~~

I hope you love it.
Please check out my new story.