The first meeting?

Asir's pov

Dear my beloved wife...
---------------------------------------------------------

OCTOBER 15th.

Maha's Pov

The sound of whirring blenders filled the kitchen, Zafirah and Aarish's mischievous laughter echoing off the walls. As they noticed my presence, their guilty expressions quickly replaced their grins. "Sorry," they chimed in unison, trying to muffle their chuckles. I couldn't help but smile at their antics before refocusing on the TV, where the sports commentators, Waqar Younis and Urooj Mumtaz's booming voice filled the room.

The commentators announced with excitement, "what a perfect response from Naseem Shah!" The crowd erupted in cheers, and I felt Aarish's push as she made her way to the TV screen to watch. The TV screen flashed with the image of the cricket field, the crowd in the background was a sea of cheering fans, their colourful banners and flags waving in the air. Naseem Shah stood tall on the cricket field being hugged by his teammates as the TV screen displayed Shah's impressive pitch when he stumped Devon Conway out with his fast-paced Yorker ball.

Aarish is the eldest of our trio. She is the quiet one, always keeping to herself and rarely speaking, like a dormant volcano waiting for the right moment to erupt. But amongst her closest friends, me and Zafirah, she unleashes a relentless stream of thoughts and opinions, as if years of silence have built up inside her. Her enthusiasm and passion are palpable, bursting forth like molten lava from the depths of her being.
Zafirah and Aarish shared a significant love for Korean dramas. They would often spend hours binge-watching their favourite shows together. However, while Zafirah's preference leaned towards romantic and emotional storylines, with a hint of horror and thriller, Aarish had a fondness for violence and action storylines, but she also had a fondness for Pakistani dramas, sci-fi and fantasy shows. Despite her diverse interests Aarish had a certain dark and mysterious aura about her - always donned in a black oversized hoodie and joggers, giving off an intimidating presence, her skin was unusually pale, at first glance at her, I thought it could be iron-deficiency since it's quite common in a brown household but it's not. She was most resembling that of a vampire, as if she never saw the sun. But it only added to her mysterious charm.

Zafirah on the other hand was a true dreamer. We call her the delusional one. If I ever wanted to escape the mundaneness of reality, I knew I could count on her. Her imagination knew no bounds and even the tiniest of actions hold a great significance to her. Her ultimate obsession was BTS. Mainly Jeon Jungkook, and knowing Zafirah, she would never hesitate to share any new information or updates about them. Recently, she was being a bit too dramatic because all the members went to the military. So, we spent the whole day trying to cheer her up. Zafirah has a beautiful, dark complexion that glistens under the sunlight, and she loves to dress up in traditional abayas. She has a particular love for one in particular- a deep navy blue that seems to be her signature colour. Even from afar, you can spot her amongst the crowd by the bold hue of her abaya.

"Look Aarish you made a mess." Zafirah's sharp voice scolded Aarish, but Aarish was too busy watching cricket. She frantically cleaned up and then poured two vibrant, oddly coloured drinks into the plastic cups. The smell of coffee, matcha and fruit syrup wafted in the air. One of them looked like a sickly pink shade that looked like unicorn vomit and the other a murky green hue reminiscent of swamp water. They were playing some sort of drinking roulette game. With her drink in one hand, Zafirah handed Aarish her own, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She turned away from the blaring TV, focusing on their abominable drinks they were about to consume.

"What the hell is that?" I exclaimed. Zafirah proceeded to explain the situation, how they were playing a drinking roulette, and this was the result. The shop had been quiet for over an hour since it was only 1pm, leaving them with nothing to do except create their own entertainment.