Do I wanna know?

Asir's POV

Well, that was one hell of a trip. Interesting to say the least. And to top it all off, I now have conflicting feelings. I need to talk to someone. Hyun-Ki. I know I said, I wasn't going to tell him anything but I have to, he is my free therapist and I just need to get it off my chest.

It was cold, windy and ICY. Yes turns out it had snowed these past couple of days and now the entire road and pavements are all icy. I hate the UK weather with a passion. Like it is literally a health hazard. I don't even know why I am frustrated. Just breathe Asir.

It's been a few days since I came back from Pakistan. The journey was just jarring. Jetlag was an understatement and I had been hibernating for the past three days. I didn't have a car, so I just walked to Hyun-Ki's apartment, which is like fifteen minutes by walk. My head just filled with thoughts on Maha and this whole trip that I needed to talk to someone about it.
I knocked on the door and stood for about a couple of minutes before Hyun-Ki opened the door. He was in grey joggers and a white loose t-shirt hanging from his skinny body. Skinny is an understatement too, he was toned and had muscles but preferred to hide them, if you looked closely, according to my sister, he looked like a K-pop idol. Don't ask!

"Asir, what are you doing here?" he looked at me with a confused look. Hyun-Ki is just another breed of a human sometimes. The man was smart but he was a bit slow at times.

"Wa Alaykum Salaam to you too." I greeted back, sarcasm dripping from the words. No bad intentions though. " I just wanted to meet my best friend, and you know, have a conversation with him."
"I thought you only had one best friend, and you went to his wedding." Hyun-Ki being petty was just part of his personality, I personally don't take it seriously, but it is hilarious at times when he is serious with his pettiness.

"Ouch, that hurts. Now, can I come in?" He gestured for me to enter his home. The place is quite small and it fits about two people. But it's just him. His parents live not far from here. The smell of noodles and spring onion wafted in the air. The living room was quite big, decorated with a teal blue sofa, and a small coffee table that had his food on top. Near the TV, there was a small aesthetically pleasing bookshelf that had some fictional books and non-fictional along with a prayer mat and some Islamic books. On top small fake plants and botanicals were adorning the bookshelf. The TV was paused on some drama. I think it was a Pakistani drama.

"Since when did you watch Pakistani dramas?" I couldn't say much, I didn't even watch a lot of TV. "My mum watched them and I got bored so I watched them with her. I got hooked on them." I chuckled. He was full of surprises.

"So, why are you here?" He asked. " I just wanted to talk to you about what happened in Pakistan. " He gestured for me to sit on the sofa.
"Girl problems?" I fidgeted with my hand before nodding my head.
For the next hour, I just spewed out every little detail of my trip.

"Wow. So what you're saying is, your life is basically now one big whole drama and you are the main character. So does that make me a side character?" I grabbed the nearest cushion and thwarted it at him. He was laughing hysterically, mocking me. What a great friend I have.

"Oh yeah side character, just out of the blue it's Zafirah's birthday in May. Just thought I'd let you know."

"Who told you? Not that I care about it just... asking how you know about that." He tried acting nonchalant but I found out by someone. Can't tell him who though. That was a secret I would keep to myself. To be honest, I sort of knew he had a crush on Zafirah ever since their first meeting at the coffee shop and so I decided that if I cannot control my fate, I might as well play along with the delusion and root for him as the 'second' character falling in love. So why not add just a bit more fuel to the fire.