What happens in Pakistan stays in Pakistan part 2

Maha's Pov

A surge of excitement bubbled in my chest as I prepared for the day ahead. Today, I would finally get to visit Lahore and watch a PSL match at the iconic Gaddafi Stadium. I had been wanting to go for so long, and now it was coming true without much convincing from me. The morning was crisp and cold, a typical Saturday for my family who were already up and about. My Uncle Usman had suggested the trip to Lahore, and it was then that I proposed going to the cricket match. Despite receiving some disapproving glances from my cousin Saadia, we decided to go.

Our journey to Lahore was a long one but filled with anticipation. As it turns out, we also needed to stop by the jeweller to pick up a ring for Farhad's upcoming Nikah (engagement ceremony) next week. His fiancé is such a wonderful woman, and their grand wedding is planned for after Ramadan (the holy month of fasting). In the car were Uncle Usman, Farhad, Mariam, Aryaan, and Neyha. Unfortunately, Noor couldn't join us as she needed to look after Musa.

As we made our way towards Lahore, we stopped at a mosque for the men to pray namaz. Mariam and I waited outside in the car since we were both on our periods and unable to enter the mosque. The sun beat down mercilessly on us, making us sweat despite the gentle breeze blowing through the open windows. But it wasn't like the unbearable heat of UK summers; here in Pakistan, the heat was dry and pleasant. Thank God there wasn't any humidity.

The stadium was a sea of green and blue, the stands packed with people of all ages and sizes. The Lahore Qalandars and Multan Sultan logos decked the banners and flags scattered throughout the crowd. The players were dressed in their team colours, bright green and blue jerseys standing out against the field. Mohammed Rizwan, the star player for Multan Sultan, stood out with his determined stance and quick movements. The air was thick with the scent of popcorn, and other stadium snacks. The aroma of freshly cut grass from the field mixed with the sweat and heat of the crowd, creating a unique and exciting scent of its own. The seats were warm from the body heat of the fans, and I could feel the vibrations of the stadium as the fans stomped and cheered. The sun beat down on us, a reminder of the hot summer weather, and I could feel the excitement and energy of the crowd buzzing around me.

The energy in the stadium was palpable, humming with excitement and anticipation for the cricket match ahead. The sea of green and blue in the stands was a vibrant display of team loyalty and the air was filled with the intoxicating aroma of snacks and the sounds of chatter and cheers. For a moment, the narrator could forget about everything and everyone else and immerse themselves in the pure joy of the match. But then, Asir's unexpected presence shattered that peace and brought a wave of frustration and longing. They couldn't even have one day without thinking about him, and I couldn't help but wonder why my qismat, or fate, was so annoying. Despite my determination to enjoy the match and ignore Asir's presence, it was a constant reminder of the hold he had over me.

The stadium erupted in a deafening roar of anticipation as the two teams emerged onto the lush green pitch. The Lahore Qalandars had won the toss and elected to bat first, sending Fakhar Zaman and Abdullah Shafique out as their opening pair. As the first ball was delivered by David Willey, the energy in the air was palpable.

The crowd went wild as Fakhar Zaman effortlessly hit boundary after boundary, building up the team's score with each powerful swing of his bat. But then, after making his half century, he was caught by Mohammed Rizwan with a diving catch, bringing cheers from those rooting for the opposing team.

In the second half of the chase, the intensity of the match reached a fever pitch. Mohammed Rizwan took to the crease and began hitting boundaries with ease, sending waves of excitement through the stands. I joined in with the roaring and screaming of the ecstatic crowd, caught up in the thrilling atmosphere. In the end, it was Multan Sultans who emerged victorious, and I couldn't contain my elation for the rest of the night.