【D R U N K E N W O R D S】

CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  Gamora was vague with anything to do about the orb. Whether that was who they were selling it to of their locations. Or rather why the orb was so important in the first place. Was it a weapon? A high-valued collectible? They didn't know.

  Rocket currently steers the ship, the large planet looking thing just ahead.

  ''Heads up! We're inbound.'' He announced. 

  Peter looks at the giant planet, weirdly resembling a head of some sort. ''Woah..'' 

  Glancing cautiously at Quill, Rocket glanced back down to [Y/n], who was standing just beside his seat. She hasn't left his sight since what happened earlier, he didn't trust these people enough with such priorities. Besides himself.

  ''What is it?'' Drax asked, squinting out the windshield. 

  Gamora explains. ''It's called Knowhere. The severed head of an ancient celestial being. Be weary headed in, rodent.'' She warns. ''There are no regulations whatsoever here.'' 

  [Y/n] perks a bit at the mention of "no regulations whatsoever". After all, being stuck in the Kyln, all you do is follow rules and get goody goody points that count towards nothing. She almost scoffed at the thought of herself inside the Kyln again. 

  Rocket skillfully flies the Milano through Knowhere, instantly entering their Mining Colony.

  ''Hundreds of years ago,'' Gamora picks up. ''The Tivan Group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. The bone, brain, tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets across the galaxy. It's dangerous and illegal work, suitable for only outlaws.''

  The ship lands, the group exits and starts walking the streets of Knowhere. Gamora leads, seemingly knowing the place like the back of her hand.

  ''Well, I come from a planet of outlaws.'' Peter starts, noting Gamora's earlier statement. ''Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos. 

  ''It sounds like a place which I would like to visit.'' Drax speaks up. 

  ''Yeah, you should.''

  A group of kids started running between them, a large group.

  ''Watch your wallets.'' 

  ''Get out of here, girl!'' 

  [Y/n] gets shoved to the side, stumbling before just barely catching herself. She glares at the retreating crowd of kids, silently cursing at them. The least they could've done was shown respect and not have touched her. At all.

  Rocket gave a short laugh when he seen [Y/n] wiping small specs of her off her clothing. She glared at him, which didn't last long before her face fell and she playfully rolled her eyes with a short grin.