【E X P L A I N】

CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  Drax was pulled out of the yellow liquid, Groot behind the one do to so. [Y/n] couldn't possibly, with her small frame and his muscular one. She stood by, watching as Drax was dropped to the ground. His breathing paused. 

  Groot makes a needle with his finger, poking it into Drax. [Y/n] cringed at the sight, scrunching her nose as the familiar yellow liquid fell out of Drax. At least he could breath now. 

  Just then, the sound of something utterly terrible had proceeded to make its way to the ground. More crashing, it ended up in front of the trio. Drax still sat on the ground, Groot crouched beside him with [Y/n] behind Groot. A bag in her paws. 

  The door opened, and an angry Rocket stepped out. 

  ''Blasted idiot.'' He spat. ''They're all idiots! Quill just got himself captured!''

  Rocket turns to Drax, who's currently thing to regain his breath again. 

  ''None of this ever  would have happened if you didn't try to single-handedly take on a frickin' army!'' Rocket then shouted at him. There seemed to be no sign of calming him down anytime soon. 

  ''Your right.'' Drax gave a short nod, agreeing with Rocket. ''I was a fool. All the anger, all the rage, was just to cover my loss.'' 

  There was a short silence. One in which [Y/n] had more stepped to Rocket's side, watching as he stayed silent. She caught the slightest look of sympathy, before it changed back to its usual hard-ass demeanor.

  ''Oh, boo-hoo-hoo. "My wife and child are dead".'' Rocket mocked. 

  Groot gave a gasp, surprised at Rocket's carelessness for the situation that Drax was put in. [Y/n] slapped his arm, her ears pinning to the back of her head. Rocket spared her a glance, before looking back to Drax. The look didn't change. 

  ''Oh, I don't care if it's mean! Everybody's got dead people! That's no excuse to get everybody else dead along the way! Come on, Groot.'' Rocket waved his paw, turning back to the small mining pod. ''You too, [Y/n]. Ronan has the stone. The only chance we got is to get to the other side of the universe as fast as we can and maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to live full lives before that whack-job ever gets there.'' 

  Groot stands to his feet with a grunt, looking down to Rocket. 

  ''I am Groot.''

  ''Save them?'' Rocket asked, incredulously. ''How?''

  [Y/n] sighed. ''I'm with Groot, we can't just leave them there.'' 

  ''I am Groot.'' 

  ''I know they're the only friends that we ever had, but there's an army of Ravagers around them. And there's only two of us!''