Chapter 1:

"My lady, My lady..." I heard a distant voice call feeling a sharp pain across my cheek a moment later as my eyes shot open pulling me out of the darkness of my slumber to a bright light shining at my face from the enormous windows.

"You're finally awake?" I saw the figure of a girl with black hair braided over her shoulder and emerald green eyes standing above me.

'Did she just slap me? Who just slaps their master like that?' I slowly sat up and began looking around the room when my eyes fixed on the mirror. 

I didn't want to accept it but... It was clear now.

I wasn't dreaming.

I no longer had my ordinary soft dark brown locks which gently cascaded down to my shoulders, or my golden brown eyes filled with rich melamine...

Instead, I now had luscious silver hair that dropped down to a few inches over my knees, naturally full, silky gradient lips, rosy cheeks, and stunningly coral hues with a tint of red both of which only complimented my fair skin and soft facial features even more.

I was a beauty through and through, when I used to be just average when I was back at home.

None of this made sense... How did I just turn into the villainess of a popular game out of nowhere? I was just on the bus going hom from my college a few days ago as Min Ae-ri Shin and now I'm in a game as Sovine Divinus...?

.......

"The String to Fate."

It was a new trending game around the world that had just come out. As someone who grew up in a strict household, I had no idea what it even was.

I had just moved out of my home to my college dorm so I was more focused on unpacking than a game but Maki, my childhood friend, insisted that I try to at least play the heroine and villainess's POV and she wouldn't shut up about it so I finally downloaded the game just get her to stop nagging me about it.

The game wasn't very difficult. It was a game about a fantasy world in a medieval setting and it was about this girl who got kidnapped at the age of 7 and was then suddenly thrown back into the life of a noble at 19 after living as a commoner for the past 12 years.

The instructions for the game were pretty simple, gain the favor of the emperor and princesses, make up for lost time with your brothers and father, find the one you were fated to meet and fall in love with, and earn a respectable reputation for yourself.

The game would give you a bunch of choices to choose from and the story would progress based on your choice. It was basically an otome game, but Maki flipped on me once I said that to her. 

I was only planning on playing the heroine and villainess POVs just as I had promised Maki but the thing was...

She tricked me.

Sure the heroine's POV was easy to complete but when it comes to villainess's... YOU DIE IF YOU HOLD A SPOON WRONG! WHAT IS THIS?! IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO NOT DIE HERE?!

And just like that I was stuck into playing that damn game until I beat the villainess's POV and didn't die. The game wasn't bad, I played a few other POVs, and all of them were enjoyable but the villainess's POV was just dying over and over again.

In the villainess's POV, they give you some background information on her first.

Sovine was apparently found heavily injures wilevshe was unconscious near the river by some of the duke's knights who then took her to the duke, who then tried to persuade her into agreeing to stay in the mansion as a replacement for his real daughter who had just recently gone missing to calm his concerned wife so her pulse wouldn't go out of control.