Chapter 4:

So... A week has passed since then. Ardeat has been quite helpful since she arrived, she never questions anything I do and has been even helping me to find out more information about this world and I was honestly impressed at how much she knew about this world. Even if she was born in this world, to begin with, the amount of information she knew about it was at the level of royalty.

'Ah... Could it be...?' I glanced over at Ardeat who was currently cleaning my room devotedly.

'She seems to be pretty focused on that...' I let out a little snicker seeing just how much effort she put into dusting a tiny vase.

'I don't regret bringing her over to my side in the slightest.' I turned back to the files she brought me after personally writing them herself to make it easier for me to take in the information about this world and decided that I could always ask her my question next time.

So apparently. This was a world where everyone was born with mana aka magic, however, everyone had different levels of mana and not everyone had the opportunity to learn how to properly use their magic or different magic spells and circles.

Those with higher levels of mana worked in the Magic Tower which was the building in the empire with the most influence.

The name of the master of this magic tower who was also the one who originally locked Sovine up in eternal darkness and suffering after she tried to kill the duke's real daughter with black magic being blinded by jealousy which was a crime that led to an immediate execution and was also Sovine's older brother's, Avis's bff who also hated Sovine as equally as Avis did. Was Anartis Romanus.

Known for his title, skill, looks, talent, the list goes on. He was also known for being very... Violent to say the least.

It's said that whenever the crown prince who like all the other insanely handsome crown princes was a tyrant had an individual who was awfully reluctant to speak in an interrogation he would send that individual to the master of the magic tower to interrogate by force if needed and would always get the information back, but no body.

So basically. I had to stay away from this dude at all costs. Well, that's not something I could exactly do since Anartis was literally besties with Avis but I could still waste my time trying to since I'm convinced that that guy would probably find some other way to torment me instead of killing me even if I asked him to.

'I guess I'll just go to Fillius when that man comes over. Maybe he'll even be able to annoy Fillius enough beforehand to kill me.' I continued reading over the files.

'But... There is still a chance that I'll be able to die after the protagonist arrives... If that's the case, then I need to build up my influence in this estate beforehand. I've already got one very helpful ally who I'm sure will stay loyal.' I glanced over to Ardeat.

'I'm sure she'll be more than enough help for now. So, let's focus on gaining another powerful noble lady in this Tea party being held in a week's time.' I picked up the tea party invitation on the table next to the other papers.

'Though I doubt it'll be anything but pleasant...' I sighed already feeling exhausted just thinking about it.

My body already moved with Elegance and instinctively always used the proper manners of nobles in daily activities since Sovine had already learned all this before her body instinctively did as she had learned so re-learning the noble's way if life wasn't going to be a problem...

The problem was going to be the other noble ladies. Recently, Sovine's memories have been slowly but surely coming back to me while I'm sleeping at night. In the game, I knew that Sovine was never someone with much of a reputation for herself and was disliked by many even outside of the Grandduke's estate... But her memories have shown me the severity those words held that I hadn't realized before...