Chapter 10:

Today, I had once more set out in search of Vidoro, that sneaky bastard had been hiding from me so he wouldn't have to do his laps since that day even though he was fully healed, but I always found him. He had expected it to be a one-time thing, but soon realized it would be an everyday routine.

And now he had resorted to locking himself into a vault with all his valuable belongings as a last resort.

"You've got to be kidding me..." I sighed massaging my temp,e at the sight of the huge vault set in the middle of Vidoro's room.

"Oh, Vidorooo~!" I called out in an overly sweet voice knocking on the door of the vault which was sure to send shivers down the boy's spine, it did.

"Open up." I demanded a moment later.

"NEVER!" Vidoro cried out, he seemed pretty determined to skip out on training today.

"Last chance, before I bust this open. Open the door." I warned leaning next to the vault door in waiting.

"..." He didn't open the door.

I sighed as I signaled Ardeat to get "Teehee". Teehee was the name of the whistle I had recently had Ardeat get for me to encourage Vidoro to train. It sounded like a mix of a crying + screeching baby on a flying plane and the sound of a fork scraping against a plate.

And the reason why I named it Teehee was because I suddenly remembered Micheal Jackson while looking at it.

The reason why I also had Ardeat buy these soundproof earmuffs made by the magic tower which blocked out the noise of the whistle. And since waves travel faster through solids, Vidoro was about to lose an ear if not both.

"Oh? You're back? Did you get Teehee?" I asked as Ardeat returned back to the room with Teehee speaking loud enough for Vidoro to hear me through the vault as he immediately busted out of it.

"Alright! Alright! You win!" Vidoro admitted frantically flailing his arms around despite his ego which proved just how effective Teehee was.

"Wise choice." I smiled down at the little boy standing before me while patting his head just to piss him off even more.

"Now, come along. We're already starting late as it is." I took Vidoro's hand in mine so that he couldn't escape while I continued treading towards the garden when the butler suddenly stopped me.

The butler was known as Petler, as most other butlers, he was an elderly man who already had his fair share of gray hair and wrinkles around his light grassy toned eyes.

He was said to be the most loyal subject of the duke who had been serving him since their young years. He was also the only servant in this whole mansion who treated Sovine with any form of respect.

"My apologies my lady. The duke has sent me to call for you." The servant informed causing my gaze to instantly grew cold towards Petler.

"Reason being?" I questioned though it came out a little harsher than I meant it to, which I only realized after catching the side-eyes Vidoro was sending me.

"I am only carrying out orders, I do not know the reason for your summoning." Petler explained as I let out a sigh of exhaustion.

"Ardeat, watch over Vidoro's training. I'll be back as soon as I can." I requested releasing the said boy's hand as I handed Ardeat Teehee.

"Yes, my lady." Ardeat replied bowing slightly while Vidoro watched me follow the butler out with curiosity in his eyes.

"Hey, let's follow them." Vidoro tugged on Ardeat's skirt looking up at her with determined eyes but she simply picked him up and threw him over her shoulder.