Chapter 8:

'Alright...' I've spent two days trying to make sense of the contents of this book.

So basically, from what I've read... I was right, whatever is written in this book is the future in Sovine's POV.

And that odd sketchy lady in the alley way, I have no idea who she is but it's not like I can figure it out just by wrecking my brain so I'm going to forget that she ever existed.

Unless she comes back to me on her own. Then I have to either make a deal with her, take her to the church for execution but that'll probably also get me executed, so, no.

Or kill her! How? I have no idea. I've considered putting my position as the dukes "fake daughter" to use and attempt to learn swordsmanship before but after meeting that lady I've been thinking about it more.

I was considering it before since even though I wouldn't really die if someone else tried to kill me but the pain that came with dying was...Excruciating.

Definitely not something any normal human being would want to go through on a daily basis, even if they were a masochist.

Keeping that in mind I was willing to learn swordsmanship to avoid unnecessarily dying. However, I was more focused on growing my influence in society believing that currently held more value than learning swordsmanship.

After meeting that lady in the alleyway however, has proven otherwise.

This might seem unreasonable but once you consider the fact that this lady was in possession of this book and all this information along with how she was already in that alleyway like she knew I would get lost and end up there.

She's clearly not someone I can trust.

Well, in all honesty...

From the very beginning, that assumption had already been a grave misunderstanding which could've even caused me my life if I hadn't realized this.

I have experienced for myself before just how much these people despised Sovine. And just how easily they would be willing to kill her. The game had also briefly mentioned that if they could, the Divinus household would gladly hang Sovine themselves with no hesitation.

Yet I still made the mistake of believing I was safe. How foolish can I get? There isn't a single reason I have to believe I'm safe here. I'm the duke's daughter? No, I'm the duke's "Fake" daughter.

My existence could never hold as much importance as the duke's real daughter while being a fake...

"Oh, Avis." I noticed Avis walking through the corridors with his sword, he was probably on his way to the knight's training grounds to train.

"Oh! Avis!" I immediately perked up as I suddenly remembered my original plan.

To die! And since Avis already had his sword and was the least concerned of the Divinus duchy's reputation from all the brothers along with the one with the one with the shortest temper, he'd be the perfect person to annoy until he just sweee-d my head off.

"Avis!" I called out waving my hand in the air causing Avis to glare at me.

"What?" He questioned in a harsh tone glaring down at me but I still seemed as cheerful as ever as I ran up to him which clearly confused him.

"Remember that favor I asked last time?" I asked as Avis's brows immediately knitted together in irritation.

"Tsk. Aren't you tired of looking for attention yet?" Avis sighed looking down at me as if I was the most pathetic creature in this game.

"You can stop acting like the sad pitiful fake lady who's lost all will to live now, it's not going to help you get anymore attention than it already has." He continued as my mood immediately dropped at his words like it usually does whenever I'm around these parasites.