Chapter 9:

Day 5 of annoying the crap out of the brothers until they want to kill me:

"Luden-" "I don't want to hear it." Luden yet once again cut me off before I could even speak my request.

"... I see the resemblance now." I commented as my mind drifting off to the other day when Vidoro had done the exact same act.

"What?" Luden questioned turning back to me from the pile of papers and files on his desk.

Though I had already decided that he was a lost cost by then and left the room. This was all too strange for Luden.

'How is it possible for someone to change so vastly over the span of a few weeks...?' It just didn't make sense.

Sovine, the hopeless lady who only ever showed interest in riches and trying to act a real noble from the Divinus Duchy now no longer cared for those things.

Her taste has changed entirely. From attire, to interests, to how she spends her time, nothing other than her appearance has remained the same. Even how she behaved around the brothers or the duke had changed.

And he needed to know why.

-----

"Oh heavens, no." A sigh of exhaustion escaped Vidoro's lips as he recognized the familiar figure standing in his doorway.

Me. The lady who had been eating away at his life force since almost a week ago with the exact same request every, single, damn, day. And for what reason?!

"You know it would be much easier for you if you just gave me what I've been asking you for." I walked over to the little boy sitting on the couch with his academy papers plopping down on the couch beside him.

"No." Vidoro questioned scooching away from me with his book in hand.

"But why?"

"Why do you wish to die so badly?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

"Exactly."

"... I see what you did there."

"Do you now?"

"You know kids become less cute when they have such a sharp tongue. Why don't you try acting your age and go play in the garden?"

"Why don't you try minding your own business and leave me alone?"

"Come on. We're going to the garden." I scooped Vidoro up into my arms and tossed him over my shoulder as I began walking towards the duchy's garden.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" Vidoro snapped at me as I carried him out of his room.

"Getting you to touch some grass!" I responded though I was really just trying to make him suffer for being a little bitch to Sovine all these years.

So this was considered as revenge for Sovine.

However, while I was at last setting Vidoro down on the soft grass back on his feet, a strong gust of wind suddenly sneaked up upon us causing him to let go of his assignment.

"My assignment!" Vidoro cried out reaching out for the articles which had been blown away by the strong draft of wind.

"Oh my." I simply commented after the current had passed gazing at the papers which gotten trapped on the branch of a pretty tall tree.

"Ugh! This is all your fault!" Vidoro suddenly turned to me, much literally fuming with rage as he pointed an accusing finger at me.

"Hm?" I couldn't help but raise a brow at his bold accusation.