The Shock

Niharika waited impatiently at her desk. It has been  three hours since Hedhran disappeared into his office with a frown as deep as the Indian ocean. and almost two hours since his personal lawyer Pratik Sharma joined him.
Whatever it was, it was definitely something grave and problematic.

She sighed. If it was something as huge  as she thought, then she might have to miss the family trip to kerala again. It would be the third time she missed it.
Every April, the Menon family visited their ancestral home in Kerala.  A simple abode overlooking the scenic hills of munnar amidst acres of lush greenery. It was their heaven.

Niharika had not visited her home town since she joined the Bajaj empire. She was too busy. Hedhran made her work really hard. He was heartless for that. He had made every possible thing difficult for her. She wanted to slap him and then cry herself to death. But she couldn't do it. She couldn't afford to do it. That was the truth.

If she quits, then her family would suffer and that would break her heart. Hence she continued working for the devil, enduring all his tantrums. The pay was definitely worth his wrath.

The door to hedhran's office  suddenly opened  startling her. Both him and his lawyer emerged out. They were still mumbling something. A few more mumblings after they finally parted with a firm handshake. Mr sharma gave her a slight nod before leaving the office. Then something dreadful happened. Hedhran Bajaj smiled at her and left her dumbstruck in the hall way as he strode back to his office.

Was she dreaming?

Hedhran Bajaj never smiled at her. He either ignores her or else throws one of his arrogant smirk in her direction. But this time he really smiled at her!!!

Something was off!!
"Oh no. No!!. Is he going to fire me? " she thought.
He had always tried to get rid of her.
That jerk!!!