The Confrontation.

Niharika had just set her foot inside her home, when she was confronted by her mother.

"I think.., I saw your boss, the very same man you used to refer to as a blood sucking monster, in front of our home today. That too twice!!!!!!!!!Will you mind explaining  that to me? "Sreelekha asked.

" I have something to confess".she said looking guilty .

"What is it? "

"Where is Appa? Appappa and Ammamma?

(Appa =father)
(Appappa= grandfather)
(Ammamma=grandmother)

"Go, take a shower and then come to our room. We will talk. It better be not what I am thinking!!!! " Sreelekha warned her daughter.

                   ********

Her usual showers never exceeded a maximum of thirty minutes. But today she showered almost for an hour. She needed some time to prepare herself for all that lying. She cannot just blow up the whole thing.

"Chill Niha chill. Your actions are for a good intention. You are doing this to save your family. So don't feel  bad about it. " She tried to calm herself.

She was terrified. Her mother would definitely kill her, if she finds the truth and her father............her father would probably want to kill Hedhran. Oh my god..
If she messed it up, She would be dead herself and would be the reason for his death too.. She needed to calm herself. She doesn't want blood on her hands. She somehow inculcated a little courage and finally made it to her parent's room.

They were all waiting for her. An impatient expression drawn on their faces. Nihaan was also there. He was lying on the bed with his head propped on their mother's lap. When he saw her, he gave her a huge smile.
That smile warmed her inside out and in the process,it also gave her the strength to continue with the whole plan. After all, she was doing this marriage thing for her brother too, for his life, for his smile.

"I like my boss" She kinda fake confessed.

Her mother looked murderous and her father just stared her. He was trying to do what he always did. He was staring into her soul to get the real truth. But this time, it won't work she thought.

"You are talking about the same man right? The one you literally wanted kill an year ago" Sreelekha asked her.

"Yes. That was before, I don't want to anymore"

"Why did it change suddenly? "Shekhar Menon asked.

"It changed when I saw the real Hedhran Bajaj, his true self, which he  successfully hides beneath his cold exterior".
Finally there was some use for that malayalam tv  serials she used to watch with her maternal grandmother. she internally thanked her grandma for making her watch such things loaded with cheesy lines. One of which, she just vomitted out in front of her parents.

"What are you saying Niha, Think about it. His world and your world are completely different. He might just be playing with your emotions. Do you see any future to your feelings? How can you be so dumb?  Her mother said.

" Your mother is right. He won't ever marry you. He would only break your heart ". Said her father.

" He had already asked me to marry him"

"What?  He wants to marry you....he might be lying. "  said Sreelekha

"He took me to meet his family today. They are good people".

" You went to his home? You didn't even find it necessary to inform us?" Shekhar asked.

"I was scared."

She  continued when she received  silent treatment  from all of them for her previous comment.
"He also wanted to meet to you guys. Today itself. But.. I... I told him to come tomorrow. "

"Is he coming  to ask your hand in marriage? "

"Yes Appa".

Her mother sighed.

" Fine . Let him come tomorrow. After that we will see and if we don't like him. Then you will have to end whatever you have with him".

"Just give him a chance. A sincere one. "

"We will."

The discussion ended with that and she returned to her room with a heavy heart.

                      *********

While the Menon family was grieving  the  bomb  Niharika had just dropped, the Bajaj family was already celebrating  Hedhran's  marriage.

"Niharika is very beautiful.......Maa , I think you will get very beautiful grand kids" Hema said to Maya.

"I do think that. I hope they just give me one very soon".

" I think we should discuss marriage first, not children. "Nandini said.

" Yes. My wife is right " declared Rahul

"I am always right" Nandhini said to her husband with a flirty smile.

"Uff. Just stop it, you two. Your elder son is going to get married and you two are still going around like this" Hiya said to her parents with a disgusted look.

"We will never stop" Rahul glared at his daughter.

"Cheesy" Hiya made faces at her parents.

"We need to go to her home to finalise things. " Hema said pulling them back to the real matter.

"Hedhran said that he was going to meet her parents tomorrow. We will go after that. We will have a lot of things to discuss."

"Yes".

" Will we have a North Indian wedding or a South Indian wedding? "Siya asked doubtfully.

" We will see". Rahul said.

"Let's have both" Siya said.

"It would be fun" Hema agreed with her daughter.

"I think, this whole wedding thing is going to be fun" Nandhini said.

         *******

While his family was over the moon at his fake relationship, Hedhran was  literally dying inside. He never thought about the consequences of his action. What would his family say when they divorce? It would definitely shatter them. It would  be the first divorce  in the history of the Bajaj  family and might probably the  last he pondered.