The Introduction

Niharika once again checked herself  in the full-length mirror in her room. She had taken a little too extra effort to look pleasant today. After all she had to impress the great Bajaj family. She wore a white salwar suit with full sleeves and accessorised  the same with beige colored heels, aka the only pair of heels she owned. She had let her hair loose for the occasion and for makeup, she just applied some kajal and coated her lips with chocolate favoured lip balm. Her favorite.

" You look just fine" She assured herself.

Just then her mother barged into her room and was surprised to see her all dolled up .

"Any special occasion today? " Sreelekha asked her daughter.

"There is something. " Niharika smiled coyly at her mother.

"Aren't you going to office today? "

"No"

"Then? "

"I will tell you later".she said

Her phone beeped then. It was a message from her boss.

Message: I am here. Come down quickly.

Another order. She huffed.

" I need to go"she said and rushed out of the room.
Sreelekha too followed her out of the room. She saw her daughter getting into a car. It was a bit difficult to see the owner of the car. So, she craned her head a bit to the side and was shell shocked to  find Hedhran Bajaj at the wheel.

Did her daughter dressed up for him? She wondered.

"Was that her boss? ". Her husband popped out of nowhere and asked.

" I guess so"

"Why did he came? "

" I don't know. I guess our precious daughter is hiding something ".

                            ****

Hedhran glanced at the figure beside
him. She looked beautiful. He was not ashamed of accepting the truth. He had always found her beautiful. With her long black hair and pink glossy lips, she was definitely a sight to behold and her eyes, It was the kind a man could forever stare into.

What? The kind to stare forever!!!! Why the hell did that thought came to him? He questioned himself.

Niharika sat silently during the whole journey, unaware of the turmoil boiling inside the brain of the man beside her.But she too noticed one thing. Hedhran was dressed  in a grey  button down shirt  paired with black jeans. It was the first time, she had seen him in something other than a three piece suit. He looked good she thought.

              ******

It  was almost ten when they reached Bajaj mansion. Niharika had expected it to be something majestic but the sight before her was even better than she imagined.

"You better not spoil anything" Hedhran warned her.

"Oh.please. Between us, you are more likely to destroy it" She got back at him.

"I will take the lead, you just sit there and nod. Okay? "said Hedhran.

" What??? Never.!!! I don't think you have enough experience  with this whole relationship thing. "

"And you have? According to my souces, you have been single since birth. " He smirked at her.

"You!!! " She warned.

"What" He glared at her.

"Stop with the glaring and look at me like you will do anything for me" Niharika ordered him.