Chapter 3

Olivia

"Dad, stop, don't do it. Put it down!"

"LOOK AT HER, A WASTE OF TIME. IT'S YOUR FAULT YOUR MOTHER DIED, IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU WE WOULDN'T BE HERE!" 

"Dad.....Please....Don't do it,"

Screaming, I belted upright. Soaking in sweat, breathing rapidly, "It was just a dream Olivia pull yourself together."

Throwing the covers off, I headed to the bathroom to shower, looking up at myself in the mirror, I wasted no time looking away.

My hair has faded from the rich auburn. Eyes were sunken, large bags under the eyes. I've lost weight and look pale.

I'm not intentionally losing weight, but the little money I have and not being able to shift and hunt for food is definitely taking its toll.

I turn towards the shower, turning it to cold and climbing in enjoying the pressure and the feeling of everything washing away.

My mother said to keep drinking the mix and showed me how to make it. She never told me of visible side effects. I'm just hiding my wolf, like a medically induced coma.

I know she was a witch. She had vibrant red hair, always loving and caring. Helped everyone in the pack. Was a lovely mother and a mate. She made my dad Mitchel strong, confident, and happy.

We were a tight family in our pack. My dads brother, Alpha Dean, loved her like a family. Due to his respect for the Royals, we were able to keep her in the pack, as long as she was not to take the Luna position.

We used to go to the library and she would tell me all about her ancestors, how I was like her but much better, stronger. I never fully understood what she meant.

I probably won't find out if I'm to stay in hiding for the rest of my life.

After having a shower, I  quickly get dressed in black pants, long sleeve black shirts, and my boots, then headed out of the bedroom.

I went to the living room to see my dad passed out on the couch, and I shivered from the flashback. I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, checking the time in the process.

4:00am, well I can't go back to sleep.

Sighing, I trudged my way outside and looked at the sky, so dark but yet so bright with stars, it's beautiful. I started walking down the street to a small café, I walked inside and took a seat in one of the booths. 

It has a cosy welcoming vibe, quiet and calm. The floors are a nice rich dark wood which follows about halfway up the wall where it changes to a nice cream colour. 

"Welcome to our café, I will be your waitress today. What can I get you?" She asked. placing a glass on the table followed by a cold glass bottle of water.

"Can I please just have a coffee?" I asked, smiling up at the waitress.

"Can I ask which coffee? there's a thousand different types," She spoke enthusiastically, smiling down.

"Oh right, sorry, uhm, a cappuccino, please," I fumbled, looking at the coffee list at the counter.

She nodded her head with content and continued over to the coffee machine. In no time, she was back carefully balancing the mug, careful not to spill it.

"I'm Blue, by the way," she smiled, "like my hair, anyway, why are you here, so early in the morning?"

"Uhm, couldn't sleep? Besides, it's nice out at night. Less people," I frowned slightly. Do they usually make random conversations like this.