Chapter 6

Jason

Our family Oracle.

She's a batty old woman, always muttering to herself, but she's loving. Welcomes everyone in, always smiling always so calm. She's lost a lot of her family, but she's our family. I grew up with her for most of my life. My mother has known her since she was a pup.

Arriving at the pack house, I greet the surrounding wolves, making sure the warriors were training. The guards are doing their daily patrol and getting updates from Beta Caleb.

When I'm not at the pack house, he takes charge. Keeping everyone in check, almost everyone in our pack fears us. Knowing not to disobey the pack rules. The majority have the option to leave if they wish.

Heading out the back of the pack house, I make my way further into the forest, following faint animal trails, crossing a river, I kept walking, heading deeper in.

The earth feels powerful, I know I'm close. I keep walking, ignoring the instinct to turn around. The sun has faded, and the trees have picked up in the wind, causing the breeze to nip at the skin. My senses have gone wild. More fear coursing through me.

'We need to go,' Kylo whines, wanting to turn back.

'Not yet.' I linked back, ushering him away.

The Oracle has a spell boarding her home. It deters wolves instilling fear and terror. Tricking their instincts from no threat to cowering away to absolute dread and fear.

Only the ones who know of the Oracle pass this point, which is very few.

Once I crossed the border, the sun shone brighter, all fear vanished, and I smiled towards her cottage, basking in a range of wild flowers and butterflies. The roof covered in moss, the walls oak wood. The windows hand-made pane shaping in swirls.

Beautiful.

Approaching her door about to knock it opens. I'm greeted by a short, stumpy lady. Looks about 60, although she's over hundreds of years old.

"Hmm, Jason.... Kylo." She gives a pointed look whilst smiling not before quickly embracing me for a hug.

"Where are my manners? Come, come! I've been expecting you." She ushers, pulling me inside and closing the door. She turns around, toddling towards the living room in front of the fireplace.

I'm welcomed by a coat of warmth and the smell of freshly baked cookies. Immediately relaxing my shoulders I smile towards her and walk in, all the tension disappearing.

"Sit, sit what is it you want to ask?" She takes he usual seat on the recliner across from me, holding her pendant, leaning slightly forward, eager for my response.

She's like the packs grandmother. Everyone calls her Gran. She saved us that battle. Helping us heal and helping the remainder of the Blue Moon pack, taking them to other alliances for safety.

"I honestly don't know where to start..." I ventured off, furrowing my eyebrows, looking over to her

Smiling gently, she put her finger up for me to wait, "I'll get us some tea, and then you'll start from the beginning... Kylo seems just as confused as you."

.......

After a couple of hours, I told her everything.

From the facts I found on the Royal Books to meeting Skye and the interactions we've had. Not sensing her wolf yet seeing it. Then, I ventured to what Caleb has said.

Her tea had gone cold she was tightly holding her pendant close to her chest, tears brimming her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel this way I'll leav-" Just as I was about to stand up, she cuts in.

"Sit down, boy, give me time..... I thought Olivia was dead." Venturing off into a whisper.

I looked at her puzzled, waiting for her to continue. Her hands were slightly shaking, I've never seen her look this upset. Her lips were pursed, as she stared towards her bookshelf.

Analysing her, a faint smile appeared on her lips. A broken one, full of memories and pain, but none the less a smile.

"Her mother was a hybrid, witch, and wolf. We aren't related, but we were sisters. I felt when she died.... before she passed, she linked to me and her Moon Goddess begging for us to protect her daughter." She paused, taking a deep breath, grabbing a blanket, and throwing over her lap before continuing.

"This Skye you're talking about is her, Olivia. As her mother wished, I put a spell on her. Forgetting the majority of her past. The type of wolf she has, her blood and how strong she really is.... Her wolf is Fraya, under the Moon Goddess.. she has powerful Luna instincts. I gave Olivia her mother's memoir. Then she ran, if she is alive.....for lack of better words unlocked her powers, she will be able to uncover what's in that book, my spell will be lifted, and everything will be answered."

Staring at he blankly loss of words, a Luna? A powerful one as a possible witch?

"She's from the Pack my Father slaughtered, I recognise her and my only conclusion is I was there but I have no recollection did something hap-" 

"I'm sorry I've already told you too much. The goddess is annoyed with me. Look, this is between you and me. You won't sense her wolf because of the potion she drinks. it's for her protection. Evil men like your father were after her. Whatever you do, don't tell anyone. Let your path take it's course and the rest will fall into place. That is all for today.... I'll teleport you back to the pack house. Go to school tomorrow. I know you've been slacking," she laughed lightly before waving her hand, goodbye.

Sure enough, I was back in the pack house. I headed downstairs to get a glass of water with shaken hands. This is all so much. Turning around, Beta Caleb is sitting propped up against the bench.

"Well, if it isn't the Alpha... how was it?" He implied referring to the Oracle. He knows of her but has sworn to secrecy.

Almost everyone assumes she's just an old wolf in our pack, not an Oracle.

I looked towards him and then looked around. Sensing no other wolves, I spoke, "Olivia."

He looked at me with a paled face but smiled meekly. "So you know?" He implied.

"Majority. She said, "Let my path take its course, basically." Rubbing my face, this headache is killing me.

"You can't let her know... Oli-Skye, I mean." Caleb blurts, eyes following as I leave the room.

'You don't have to worry beta your secrets and hers won't get out. I'll push her, but the rest is up to Olivia,' I linked. god, her name is precious.

Although she answered some questions I'm left with more, I recognise her but from where, Gran obviously isn't telling me everything and I can't go around asking questions.

Throwing myself onto my bed, arms, and legs splayed out, I looked up at the roof. The moon casts through the blinds, giving the room a light glow. Letting out a sigh, I go into a light sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boy, oh boy, a lot of information the last few chapters.

The next chapter is already on its way, not so much of a headache as this one.

Trying to piece together her past and Jason on the hunt to figure Olivia out.

I hope it's not too bland or a sense of it being rushed. Apologies if it doesn't make sense.

Feedback is much appreciated!