Chapter 25

Drews POV:

I left Olivia's apartment Saturday morning before she woke up. I wanted to wake her and tell her goodbye but she's had a long week. We stayed up later than we probably should've last night and I knew she'd be tired.

I also will never admit this out loud, but what she said to me at the club really hurt me.

She put me in the same boat as Greg. The man that hurt her and stalked her. The same man I tried to sacrificed my life to so she could be safe.

I know she didn't mean to, but it still hurt. I'll get over it though. Olivia is my everything.

I'm supposed to go to lunch with Jenna in a few hours. We are supposed to be seen as friends by the paparazzi. The past week has been full of meetings and public appearances.

I really just need a break from all of this. I'm supposed to be managing my stress but it feels like it's just doubled.

I just landed in LA and I'm on my way home to change for lunch. Then my phone started ringing. I answered without looking at it.

"Hello." I said, thinking it was Carli calling me.

"Drew?" Olivia's sweet tired voice said through the phone. I sat up straighter and focused on her.

"Hi beautiful." I sighed into the phone.

"Why did you leave without saying goodbye?" She said, sadness evident in her voice. I suddenly felt bad for not waking her.

"I'm sorry babe. I had to get on a flight early and you were up so late. I wanted to let you sleep." I said quickly.

"Oh." She said sadly and then there was a long pause.

"Are we... okay?" She asked into the phone. Her voice broke my heart.

"Of course we're okay Olivia." I sighed into the phone.

"Please Drew, if something is bothering you just tell me." She said desperately. Butterflies invaded my stomach.

The only thing that was bothering me right now was how sad she sounded. I wanted to turn the car back around and fly back to Vegas right now but we were pulling onto my property as we spoke. The best I could give her is the truth.

"I guess I was kinda bothered when you compared me to Greg last night." I sighed letting her know how I felt. Expressing my feelings isn't really the Drew Line way. But I will give Olivia anything she wants.

"Drew." She breathed into the phone. "I am so sorry. I just... I was so overwhelmed and it felt like you were controlling me when in reality all you were doing was protecting me. I just keep forgetting how famous you actually are. To me you're still Just Drew. My Drew." She spoke sadly into the phone.

"Your Drew." I smiled.

"My Drew." She confirmed. "I never want you to leave without saying goodbye again."

I giggled into the phone as my driver parked the car in front of the house.

"I won't. I'm sorry I worried you beautiful." I said, climbing out of the car.

"So what are you up to? Why'd you have to scramble back to LA without kissing me goodbye?" She said sarcastically.

"I have to go to lunch with Jenna." I said walking into my home.

I heard Olivia groan and a goofy grin formed on my face at her reaction.

"It's just a friend lunch." I laughed.

"Yeah but she definitely wants to be more than friends with you." She groaned again.

"Who doesn't. Have you seen me?" I joked.