Chapter 15

She chugged down the large glass of water while everyone patiently waited for her to elaborate on who she thought the hacker was.

"Spit it out, Mind! Who is it?" Lexi raised her brows.

She let out a loud Ahh after setting the empty glass down and wiped her mouth with her sleeve. "Guys. So, you know how Tristan Thompson cheated on Khloe Kardashian a couple of years ago?"

"Is this relevant, Mindy?"

"It totally is, Mr. Scott! Just bear with me," she said while nodding her head. "So, the scandal was that some documents leaked showing Tristan had fathered another child while he was with Khloe!"

"Oh, that's just awful! Poor Khloe!" Scarlett said with a look of concern.

"I think Khloe's fine now. I mean there are rumors that they're back together, but I don't like to keep up with all of that." Mindy tossed her hair back.

Lexi snorted and Mindy continued. "So, anyways when that story broke, I was feeling the same exact way you were feeling Mrs. Scott. I felt so bad for Khloe, and it really made me so sad to see her so sad. It always stuck with me."

"Alright, Mindy, we're on the edge of our seats here. Tell us who you think it is," Lexi said with a shake of her head.

"It's Charlotte! The hacker is Charlotte!" Mindy blurted out.

Lexi's eyes grew wide. "What? As in, Charlotte the Ms. Perfect who we hang out with it at the dorms, Charlotte? That Charlotte?"

"Yes! That Charlotte! Okay, I still love her and she's still our friend, but I'm convinced she's the hacker!"

"Mindy, that's a huge accusation to make. You're saying that this young woman is holding ransom private files for millions of dollars? That's a criminal offense warranting jail time!" Jason took his glasses off again and set them down. Everyone else was frozen in place seemingly trying to comprehend how it could be Charlotte.

"Yes! Isn't it exciting we have our first prime suspect?"

Cole chuckled. "Mindy, you're nuts."

"Mind, but how does this relate to the Kardashians? And more importantly, why do you think the hacker is Charlotte? What proof do you have?" Lexi furrowed her brows, and for the first time wondered if Mindy had truly lost it.

"Oh! Right, back to my story. So, like I was saying, their breakup really impacted me. I was so upset with Tristan that I researched everything about him to assess whether he had any redeemable qualities. Anyways, I stumbled upon an article that talked about his tattoos and the meaning they each had." Mindy smiled as if everyone would know exactly where she was going with this.

"And?" Lexi looked up and then back to Mindy.

"So, last night I saw that Charlotte had a tattoo on the back of her neck when she put her hair up."

"Oh, I wouldn't think Charlotte would be the type to have tattoos. She seems so prim and proper," Lexi said.

"I know, I thought the same thing! But anyways, the tattoo was a short straight line and I remembered the article on Tristan and it sparked me to ask Charlotte what her tattoo meant."

The group burst out laughing forcing Mindy to stammer. "Wait! I'm not done with the story yet!"

"Mindy! You could've just started with, 'Charlotte had a tattoo and I asked her about it', instead of going through the Kardashian back story. Girl, you seriously need to work on your reveal skills," Lexi said.

Mindy giggled and glanced towards Cole who seemed to be amused by the whole thing. Weird, he would've totally roasted her by now. He must still be drunk.