GOD VISHNU MARRIAGE

Lord Vishnu got married in a very interesting situation. The discussion of this marriage is found in the Puranas.

One gets to read interesting context of the time of Swayamvar. Let us know the interesting story of the marriage of Shri Hari Vishnu and Mata Lakshmi.

Mata Lakshmi was the daughter of sage Bhrigu. His mother's name was Khyati. King Daksha's brother Bhrigu was a sage. Once a Swayamvar was organized for Lakshmiji. Mata Lakshmi had already accepted Vishnu as her husband, but Narad Muni also wanted to marry Lakshmi. Naradji thought that this princess would marry him only after getting the form of Hari. Then Naradji went to Lord Vishnu to ask for a beautiful form like Hari.

Lord Vishnu gave him the form of Hari as per the wish of Narad. When Narad reached the Swayamvara of the princess in the form of Hari, he believed that the princess would garland him, but this did not happen. The princess left Narada and put a garland around Lord Vishnu's neck. When Naradji was returning from there sadly, he saw his face in a reservoir on the way. Narad was surprised to see his face, because his face looked like a monkey.

One meaning of 'Hari' is Vishnu and one meaning is monkey. Lord Vishnu had given Narad a monkey form. Narad understood that Lord Vishnu tricked him. He got very angry on God. Narada directly reached Vaikunth and in a fit of rage cursed God that you would have to take birth as a human and go to earth. Just as I have had to bear the separation of a woman, in the same way you will also have to bear the separation. That's why Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi had to bear the separation by taking birth as Ram and Sita.