GOD KARTIKEYA

Kartikeya or Murugan, is a popular Hindu deity and most of his devotees are Tamil Hindus

Kartikeya or Murugan, is a popular Hindu deity and most of his devotees are Tamil Hindus. He is worshiped mainly in the southern states of India and especially in Tamil Nadu, in addition to this he is also worshiped wherever Tamil residents/immigrants live in the world such as Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore etc. Six of his most famous temples are located in Tamil Nadu. Tamils address him as Tamil Kadavul i.e. God of Tamils. It is also the protector deity of Tamil Nadu state of India. He is the eldest son of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. His younger siblings are Goddess Ashoksundari, Lord Ayyapa, Goddess Jyoti, Goddess Manasa and Lord Ganesha. He has two wives whose names are Devasena and Valli. Devsena is the daughter of Devraj Indra who is also known as Chhathi Mata. Valli is the daughter of a tribal king.

According to the Skanda Purana, due to the boon given by Lord Shiva, the unrighteous demon Tarakasura had become extremely powerful. According to the boon, only Shiva's son could kill him.[1] And that is why he was creating hue and cry in all the three worlds. That's why all the gods went to Lord Vishnu. Lord Vishnu suggested him to go to Kailash and request Lord Shiva to give birth to a son. After listening to Vishnu, when all the gods reached Kailash, they came to know that Shivji and Mother Parvati have gone for seclusion in the cedar forest after marriage.When the helpless and disappointed gods reached the Devdaru forest, they came to know that Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati were living in a cave in the forest. The deities pleaded with Lord Shiva for help but to no avail.
When Lord Shiva, who was engrossed in lust, saw Agnidev, he too had to give up the game and come before Agnidev. But in the meantime, the lustful Shivji unknowingly ejaculated. Agnidev assumed the form of a pigeon and took that unfailing semen and started carrying it to save it from Tarakasura. But the heat of that semen was so high that even Agnidev could not bear it. For this reason, he handed over that unfailing semen to Gangadevi. When Goddess Ganga started carrying that divine part, then the water of Ganga started boiling due to her power. Frightened Gangadevi brought that divine part to the Sharvan forest and established it, but while flowing in the water of the Ganges, that divine part was divided into six parts. Six beautiful and soft babies were born from those divine parts of semen generated from Lord Shiva's body. When the vision of six Kritika girls roaming in that forest fell on those children, then motherly feeling towards those children awakened in their mind. And she took all those children and started breastfeeding them. After that they all went to Kritikalok with those children and started nurturing them. When Narad ji told Shiv Parvati about all this, then both of them were distraught to meet their son, and went to Kritikalok. When Mother Parvati saw her six sons, she became emotional with motherhood, and she embraced them so tightly that the six children became one child with six heads. After that Shiva Parvati narrated the whole story to Kritikas and returned to Kailash with her son. Due to being brought up by Kritikas, that child was named Kartikeya. Kartikeya grew up and killed the demon Tarakasura.