Chapter-11

After Noori pushed her out of the kitchen, Umaira, instead of going back to her room, turned towards Talal's room. She knocked the door lightly but there was no reply so she entered the room. Only to find it empty.

She felt a little irritated because she wanted to talk out everything on her mind today, no matter what. She was about to leave the room when she heard the bathroom door open. She turned around and nearly choked on her saliva.

Talal was standing there with just a towel wrapped around his lower body, tiny droplets of water dripping from his wet hair onto his neck and chest which made him look even more intimidating.

She quickly turned around, trying to get a hold of herself and give him some privacy, but that those few seconds had been enough. While Talal hurriedly grabbed his t-shirt from his wardrobe and put it on.

"You can turn around now." he said in a stoic voice

"What's wrong with you? Ignore kyu kar rahe hain?" She said, stepping towards him.

"Maine toh nahi kara" he said without meeting her eyes.

"Really? Are you for real?" She huffed

"You shouldn't be here before Mayon, So go back to your room" he said in a cold tone. Her eyes widened at his tone. He was telling her to leave when he used to be the one who glanced at her after their nikkah and would look for a chance to spend time with her?.

"Do you have any idea ki aapka ye behavior kitna hurt kar Raha hai mujhe?" She said, raising her voice a little and glaring into his eyes..

Before she could realize what had happened, she was pinned against the wall, her shoulders in his tight grip as his eyes dug into her,"Do you have any idea how worried I was when you...you were-" his eyes were so frightened yet angry, as if he was still in that tunnel, dreading what he was about to find. He looked at a loss of words, silently staring at her with rage sizzling in his eyes.

"Ahhh...choren mujhe, you're hurting me" she cried ,trying to get out of his grip.

Her words snapped him back and he swiftly let go of her and walked out of the room, leaving her behind.
Tears formed in her eyes as she stood there. A few moments later, she went to her room.

_________________________________________

Umaira had been in her room for the entire day and even in the evening. The Mayon ceremony of Talal & Umaira was being held. The furniture from the living room had been removed to place carpets all over the floor. The room was littered with cushions. The ceiling had strings of yellow and orange flowers hanging on it which formed drapes that fell all the way to the floor.

The room had been divided into two with a thin veil. This was to prevent the groom from seeing his bride.
The two had their arms and faces covered in Ubtan in order to enhance their natural glow. Tuffail had taken full advantage of this rare chance and nearly bathed Talal in Ubtan.

As Sumaira went to scoop the ubtan on her fingers, her hand accidentally brushed against Zoheb’s. His expression remained calm but deep inside, his heart was doing somersaults.

Taking the advantage of his lost expression, Zoheb was not recognisable thanks to Sumaira who had smeared almost half the bowl on his face. He couldn’t stop looking at her. She looked breathtaking in her lemon-yellow dress. Throughout the events, his eyes did not leave her for once.

On the other hand, Talal and Umaira kept glancing at each other when the other was not looking. Umaira just put on a bland smile whenever someone came near her to give her blessings.
Both of them didn't make any eye contact throughout the function.