Chapter-16

After dinner, Zoheb was sitting in the lounge reading a book when Ayaan & Tufail came & snuggled into the couch opposite him.

"Ji?" He raised his eyebrows at them.

"Mubarak ho bhai..." Tufail hugged Zoheb & looked at Ayaan.

"Meri Taraf se bhi" Said Ayaan, smiling through his teeth. Zoheb nodded.

"Phir chalte Hain hum.....Shadi me milte hain...Mera matlab nikkah mein" Tufail said as he got up.

"Kyu Ghar chodh kar ja rahe ho?" Zoheb asked, sarcasm clearly visible in his tone.

"Kya hogaya hai bhai!!!! Hihihi....hum toh bass sone ke liye ja rahe the" said Tufail with a smile gritted on his teeths.
Zoheb nodded.

_______________________________________

The Nikaah ceremony was to take place the next day, the last two days had gone by in hectic shopping trips. Talal was leading all the preparations. He wanted the best of the best for his only sister. After their father's demise, he had taken charge of everything and acted more like a father to his siblings.

Talal was about to leave and Umaira came to see him off as he had a meeting with the caterers when his phuppho, along with Nida, entered through the main door. Salams were exchanged between them and phuppho went towards Noori & Naeema as they were busy selecting the jewelry other things. Nida remained there acting perfectly as a Kabab mein Haddi.

"Bahot dino baad aayi ho?" He asked her, ignoring the jealousy oozing from her eyes.

"Haan thoda busy thi.... tum kahi ja rahe ho?" Nida asked.

"Meeting hai wahin ja rahe hain. Aap late ho rahe hain. Chaliye" Umaira answered on behalf of Talal and grabbed his arm.

"Jaldi aajayiyega" She waved, telling him to go now.

"Ha...Haan!! Allah hafiz" He said, confused by her loving behavior all of a sudden.

"Nida! Shaam tak rukna, dinner yahi karna theek hai" He turned to Nida before leaving.

"Suniyeee" He was about to leave when Umaira called him in the most loving way.

"Sunayiye" Raising his eyebrow, he turned around.

Standing on her tip toe she kissed his cheek, taking him off guard.

"Allah hafiz" And softly mumbled, Nida who saw her stunt, quickly looked away, embarrassed to herself.

While Talal seemed to have frozen on his spot.

"You're getting late" She said as if what she did was nothing new.

"Haan? Haan!" Still in a daze, he left. As he got in the car, he touched his cheek where her lips were few minutes ago.

"Kya cheez hai ye larki" he whispered to himself, still thinking about the boldest step she had ever taken.

"Ohhh aap andar chaliye na." She turned to Nida, acting as if she had just realized her presence.

"Haan haan" Nida replied to her with a fake smile plastered on her lips.

________________________________

Umaira took her Bhabhi-to-be to her room and told her to not come out until the next day and instead to have a power nap.

Downstairs, Noori was reminding Zoheb that he could not see Sumaira till their Nikaah if he wants 'Noor' on his bride's face, to which he replied

"This is unfair"

"Abhi bataun kya fair hai aur kya unfair" Noori said in a scolding tone.

"Areee Mami, Dulhe Sahab ko ek din ka sabr nahi horaha aur 8-9 mahine kaise rahenge Dubai mein akele" Tufail interrupted them.