Chapter-14

"I was waiting for you to get comfortable and tell me about what had happened that day." He said in a calm tone.

"I think I am comfortable now," she replied in a faint voice.

"Okay..go ahead" he said patiently.

*Flashback*

"Sumaira tum ruko yahan...mai aage dekh kar aati phir hum saath chalenge" Said Umaira and left for that tunnel market.

As she was wandering around the whole market, she did not realize she had reached the end. Just then a car suddenly came to a noisy stop at her feet.

She jerked and stepped away from the tires as a bald man nodded to her from behind the wheels. Another man wearing a plaid jersey was sitting next to him on the passengers' seat.

"Ohh Chammak Challo...Kaha ja Rahi ho?" The driver was missing a tooth and she could see the mischievous glint in his eyes as he quirked his thick eyebrows.

She ignored his remark and quickly tried to walk past the car. She cautiously watched the car from the corner of her eyes.

"Aree Aree Jaan ruko toh," The man in the passenger's side climbed out of the car and slammed the door shut.

Without thinking twice, Umaira began to run away, but the man was swift and sprinted up behind her, grabbing her dupatta and easily pulling her back.

"Ahhh...mujhe choro" She yelled, trying to wriggle away from him.

"Ohhh itni bhi kya jaldi hai" The driver had now come around to stand in front of her, shoving his palms in his dirty jeans.

The man holding her dupatta started touching her in inappropriate places and let out a chuckle. She scrunched her nose at the bad odor of his breath.

"Accha theek hai, suno gari mein baitho aur hum aaram se yaahan se nikal jayenge " the man missing a tooth suggested.

"Not happening" she snapped at him, despite the fear clearly visible on her face.

She used her elbow to jab at the man holding her in his nuts, and he cried out as she released herself from his grip and began to run off without looking.

Loud heavy footsteps tramped behind her, but she kept her gaze ahead as she sprinted through that long tunnel, her dupatta left behind.

She just kept running and running until she couldn't hear the two men anymore. Breathing heavily, she looked back to check if all was clear.
Due to her fear and running, her vision was getting blurry, her legs kept wobbling, unable to hold her weight.

She turned around and saw a familiar body standing in the middle of the tunnel. She approached him with staggering feet and fainted in his arms. In Talal's arms.

*Flashback ends*

She finally sighed after telling about the incident.

"But uske baad pata nahi unlogon ne kitni ladkiyon ke saath Aisa Kara hoga" She wondered.

"I don't think so ki woh iss qabil bache honge" He said getting out of the bed.

"Matlab?" She asked

"Matlab yeh ki....do you think I would have spared those bastards who dared to touch my wife?" He clenched his jaw.

"Kyaa...aapne kya Kara unke saath?" She asked, her eyes widening.

"Zyada kuch nahi...bas mere kuch logon ne unn dono ko ek din me hi pakar liya tha...phir godown me thodi khatir-tawazon ki thi... that's it" He said as he moved towards the washroom.