Infamous.

Maya~

As I walk back to my garage from the mailbox, I notice a small cardboard box sitting at my front door. I grab the box and take it inside with me. I open my mail first which happens to all be junk. I take a knife and slice it open.

There's a folded piece of paper sitting on top of clothes. I unfold the note and shake my head when I realize this box is from Christian.

I figured you'd want your things back that you left at my place. Don't worry about my stuff. Keep it or throw it out. Doesn't matter to me. I really thought we could try again but you never answered me so I guess that is my answer. Again, I'm sorry for everything. Oh, and don't worry about seeing me at the gym. I stopped going so early in the morning so you won't have to see me.

Well, that was a little uncalled for. But I'm glad I don't have to hide from him at the gym. Although, I only ever saw him that one time. But looks like he did see me.

I go through the clothes, shower essentials, and the necklace that I've been looking for. I didn't realize I had taken it off at his place. His scent hits me like a wall. I swear to god if he sprayed his cologne on all of this stuff I'll be so pissed. He knows how much I love that scent.

I take the box back to my room. I'll deal with it later. I get changed quickly and start making dinner.

I hear my front door open, "It's just me," Bridget calls out.

"Hi."

She comes into my kitchen, "What's for dinner?"

"I saw this chicken Caesar pasta salad that I wanted to try."

"That sounds good."

She puts a bag on my table, "What's this?" she asks, holding up the stupid note from Christian.

"It's from Christian. He dropped off the stuff that I left at his apartment."

"While you were here?"

"No. I saw it by my door when I got home."

"Can I read it?"

"Go ahead."

I find a box of penne pasta while my chicken cooks in a pan. "So he did see you?"

"Guess so."

"How do you feel about that?"

"You sound like my therapist."

She laughs, "How's that been going?"

"Actually really good. She's brutally honest and kind of drives me crazy but she's really good. I trust her."

"That's good. I'm glad you're doing that."

"Obviously, I love talking to you and updating you on every part of my life but I needed someone without any bias."

"I get it."

She puts the paper down, "So I brought a little bit of everything because I didn't know where you wanted to start."

"It's your certification. We can start wherever."

"Yeah, but I remember you telling me you were thinking about getting a certification."

"I'm still on the fence about it. Not sure yet. What's your least favorite or most unknown area?"

"Probably neuro."

"Okay, we can start there and take it step by step. Why don't you pick out a few things from the contents and we'll go over them? I have some really great neuro books that you can use."