Chapter 16:

Harry and Louis walk up Louis' front porch. They walk in to find that more of Louis' family has arrived. Harry musters up a smile. He's feeling more nervous than usual. He really wants Louis' family to like him. He doesn't know what he'd do if even just one of his relatives disliked him. He followed along as Louis dragged them into the kitchen.  He looks around and sees Jay smiling at him. It makes him feel a bit more reassured.

"Harry, Louis, nice to see you guys finally made it back. We're just about to have dinner, so go ahead and take a seat. Oh and Harry can I talk to you for a second?" Jay greets. Harry smiles at her and then gives Louis peck and lets him go. Louis looks hesitant, but then trots off into the dining room.

"Harry, I can't believe you didn't tell me you bake." Jay exclaims. Harry just chuckles. The reason Jay just said that was because Harry had brought a homemade cake for Louis' birthday. It was one of the three gifts Harry was to give to Louis.

"Well it never came up. I really hope Louis likes the cake. I made sure it was his favorite." Harry replies. Jay is honestly in awe of the young lad standing before her. She would have never imagined Louis with such a charming young boy. She figured he'd meet someone like him, and the boy would be so rude she would hardly be able to cope. Thankfully, Harry is just the opposite. She truly adores Harry and hopes that her son and he stay together. She hasn't seen Louis this happy since he was a young boy.

"Well I'm sure he'll love it no matter what. He truly loves you Harry." Harry just beams, remembering his previous conversation with Louis. "Well come on let's eat so we can get some of that delicious cake." They make their way to the dining room and Harry smiles when he sees Louis immediately perk up when he sees him. Harry makes his way over to the seat beside Louis.

"What did you and my mum talk about Harry?" Louis asked once Harry sat down. Harry just shrugged, making the most innocent face he could. Louis looked at him suspiciously, but didn't say anything more.

Soondinner was coming to an end. Harry was feeling even better about the whole night. All of Louis' relatives were just as kind as he was. They never made rude comments about his flower crown or even the fact that he had his nails painted today. They all just joked and told him stories of when Louis was younger. Louis was absolutely mortified, but Harry was laughing his arse off. Harry loves that he feels so at home here with Louis. He honestly has no idea what he would do if they were ever to be split up. He hopes he never has to find out.

When the plates are finally cleared, Jay announces that it's time for cake. She goes off into the kitchen and returns with the cake Harry made. Louis looks a bit shocked by the cake in front of him. Harry briefly wonders if Louis will say he doesn't like the cake, but suddenly he's smiling so wide.

"Mum the cake looks incredible, where'd you get it?" Louis inquires. The cake is only one layer, but it's very wide. It's covered in white buttercream frosting and in thin black frosting are the words 'Happy Birthday Lou'. The areas not covered with the words have dozens of random doodles, some that remind him of him and Harry, others just there.

"Harry made it himself, can you believe it..." She continues talking but Louis no longer listens as he turns to Harry. Harry is looking down at the table. Harry is still nervous that Louis won't like the cake, but then he feels Louis hand in his. He turns to find Louis looking at him with a fond smile.

"I love it babe." Louis whispers and leans in to give him a peck on the lips. The crowd awww's at the act of affection. Harry blushes. Louis liked the cake and that's all he could ever ask for. He hopes he likes his other two presents.

After the cake, they make their way into the living room to watch as Louis opens a few presents. Harry watches as his boyfriend opens each present with a look of wonder. He looks like a small child on Christmas. Harry smiles at the irony of the situation. Soon Louis is lifting up the second present from Harry. Harry bites his lip in anticipation as he watches Louis carefully tear off the wrapping paper. Once cleared, he sees a box and opens it. When he sees what's inside, Louis' smile intensifies. In the box is a calendar, the ones where you rip off the first page as the day goes by. In the bottom of each day is one thing that Harry loves about Louis. Louis leans over and plants another kiss on Harry's lips.

Thanks babe, you really are the sweetest." Harry just sighs. So far, Louis has loved his presents. He just hopes that he'll love the last present. It's wrapped nicely and sits under the tree for tomorrow.