fifteen

PERCY VS ARES

In a flash. They were gone. Ariana's heart dropped.

"Find them." Hades barked at his soldiers. "Bring them alive or dead. I don't care."

They hurried away.

"How idiotic can you be." Hades snarled.

Ariana turned to face him with raised eyebrows. "What did you expect me to do? Leave Percy's mother to die?"

He stayed silent. For a moment neither of them spoke. Until he said. "You don't look much like your mother."

"Wow." She said with an eye roll. "Thanks."

"I advise you drop the attitude, child. I am still a god."

"Mhm."

He let out a heavy sigh. Ariana blinked, when her eyes opened again the pair stood in a bedroom.
Just like the rest of the castle, it was dark. Black bed frame, black wardrobe, black sheets.

"Stay here. I'll get somebody to see to you to you eventually." And with that her father disappeared.

Ariana sighed. She was left all alone, in the underworld. After spending ten minutes of exploring the room, she had already grown bored.

Then a knock was heard.

"Come in." She said.

She almost screamed when she saw a skeleton walking into her room.

"Jesus." She said.

The skeleton looked offended.

"Sorry." She quickly added.

"Lord Hades wishes to see you."

Ariana nodded, her eyes still wide. She stood up from her bed and reluctantly followed the skeleton.

The skeleton led her to a dinning room.

"Why is every room in your palace dark." She groaned.

"You sound like Persephone." He said, placing his head in his hands. "It's too match the aesthetic."

Ariana grinned as she sat down opposite him. "Persephone is a badass, I don't care being compared to her."

He mumbled something incoherent before looking at his daughter.

"I want you to go back to your... companions."

She looked at him with questioning eyes. "Why?"

Hades rolled his eyes. "I want you to ensure I get my helm back."

"Why would I do anything for you." She scoffed. "For the twelve years I've been alive you've done nothing for me."

"I couldn't."

"Right. You couldn't even claim me."

"My children aren't welcomed at Camp Half-Blood." He said. "They don't even get a cabin there. My children are always blamed for whatever goes on in that camp. By not claiming you I was doing you a favour."

"I'm not getting your helm. That seems like a you problem."

Hades rose. His eyes darkened, Ariana was sure she could see the fire within them. "You will or I will make sure you never see those friends of yours again."

"That's not fair!" She protested.

"Life's not fair."

"That's easy for you to say, you're an immortal god."

"Fine how about this. If you successfully retrieve my Helm I will get you a pet Hellhound."

Arianna head snapped up. "Deal."