one

SCHOOL DANCES

Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors.

It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the grey churning ocean on the other.

It was a Friday and Ariana was sent on a mini quest to help Grover with Percy, Thalia and Annabeth.

It was very out of the blue - one moment Ariana was at Camp the next Silena threw her an over night bag and said Thalia and her were going to meet with Percy and Annabeth.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Sally, Percy's mother asked.

"No, thanks, Mom." Percy said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."

"It's okay, Ms Jackson." Annabeth smiled reassuringly. Her blonde hair was tucked into a ski cap and her grey eyes were the same colour as the ocean. "We'll keep him out of trouble."

Sally seemed to relax a little.

"All right, dears." Sally said. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, Ms Jackson." Thalia said. "Thanks for the ride."

"Extra sweaters? You have my cell phone number?"

"Mom -"

"Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?"

"Mom, seriously! We'll be fine. Come on, guys."

She looked a little hurt.

Annabeth and Thalia followed Percy out of the car.

"Thanks Mrs. Jackson." Ariana smiled at the woman. She couldn't deny the fact she was beautiful. No wonder the Sea God fell for her.

Sally grinned. "Your welcome, stay safe Ariana!"

Ariana gave her one last smile before getting out of the car.

Once Percys mother's car was out of sight, Thalia said, "Your mom is so cool, Percy."

"She's pretty okay." He admitted. "What about you? You ever get in touch with your mom?"

Thalia was great at giving evil looks, what with the punk clothes she always wears - the ripped-up army jacket, black leather trousers and chain jewellery, the black eyeliner and those intense blue eyes.

But the look she gave Percy now was a perfect evil 'ten'. "If that was any of your business, Percy-"

Ariana rolled her eyes. She had to deal with Thalia since she returned from being a tree and at times it could be quite insufferable.

The teenage girl often avoided Ariana for some strange reason but the campers loved everything about her.

However, when school started again Thalia and Annabeth attended a boarding school in Brooklyn, thanks to Chiron.

Annabeth and Ariana had tried to convince Ariana to go with them but no matter what they did or said, he wouldn't let her go.

"We'd better get inside." Annabeth interrupted. "Grover will be waiting."

Thalia looked at the castle and shivered. "You're right. I wonder what he found here that made him send the distress call."

Percy stared up at the dark towers of Westover Hall. "Nothing good."