two

BORDER CONTROL

Over the next few days, things around camp began to change.

For example, they now had a border control and more and more monster began nearing camp. Ariana spent most her time with Ares cabin on border patrol.

Another thing is they had a new activities direction, who did not seem to like Ariana very much.

She was stood with Clarisse, who had quickly gotten over her spear being broken, when metal bulls began charging over the hill.

"Shit. Clarisse-" Ariana shouted.

Quickly, Clarisse turned to where Ariana was looking. "Border patrol, to me!"

Some of her cabin mates were racing around the place in a pain. The grass was burning in huge patches around the tree. Ariana knew it was dying much quicker than everyone thought possible.

A hero screamed as he ran around in circles, his armour was falling apart. Ariana looked at Clarisse, who had ran to help. Her own armour was charred.

She was fighting with a broken spear shaft, the other end embedded uselessly in the metal joint of one bull's shoulder.

Ariana mustered up enough energy and thought very hard.

'Please powers do something helpful'

She shut her eyes. The more she thought about it, the more tired she became but she pushed through. Then, she felt a power surge and a familia feeling on control.

When, her eyes opened again. There stood, a dozen or so ghost monsters. Ariana jumped backwards.

"Oh shit. It worked." She said, completely shocked. They all stood there. "Uh- go help kill some bulls or something."

They all ran off in the same direction and Clarisse and... Percy?

She uncapped her sword. "Percy?" She shouted and begun running up the hill.

He was halfway up the hill - not close enough to help.

The bull moved deadly fast for something so big. Its metal hide gleamed in the sun. It had fist sized rubies for eyes and horns of polished silver.

When it opened its hinged mouth, a column of white-hot flame blasted out.

"Hold the line!" Clarisse ordered her warriors.

When she arrived ontop of the hill, she saw Annabeth who was taunting one bull.

"What the fuck." She whispered.

Many of her ghost monsters were helping Annabeth.

Unfortunately, at that moment, the other bull lost interest in finding Annabeth. It turned, wheeling around behind Clarisse on her unprotected side.

"Behind you!" Percy yelled. "Look out!"

He shouldn't have said anything, because all he did was startle her. Bull Number One crashed into her shield, and the phalanx broke.

Clarisse went flying backwards and landed in a smouldering patch of grass.

The bull charged past her, but not before blasting the other heroes with its fiery breath. Their shields melted right off their arms.

They dropped their weapons and ran as Bull Number Two closed in on Clarisse for the kill.

Ariana lunged forward and grabbed Clarisse by the straps of her armour. She dragged her out of the way just as Bull Number Two freight-trained past.