4. Be Yourself

︻デ═一 𓂃 ֢֢֢

︻デ═一 𓂃 ֢֢֢. MALIBU AND JAY WERE ON A MISSION to kill each other at this point, there had been many attempts but they never succeeded because they were both a bit advanced. The group of adults were currently at the bar once again on a Saturday afternoon just as promised and were having a great time, Jay had been watching Malibu's every move and vice versa. "Yes! And I was like— bitch you can't tell me shit, I'm grown. So she got all mad and stormed out the room," Chassy laughed, telling a story about her weird ass aunt that still seemed to call her fast even though she didn't even live with her family anymore, as she said, she was grown.

"Her big ass was all red and shit, like girl you black how the fuck you turn red?" she busted out laughing, Malibu doing the same. "Girl," Malibu dragged out as she wiped a tear from her cheek, "You are hell!" she smiled as she pointed to her best friend.

A waitress then came to their table with their wine glasses that were asked for beforehand and sat them down elegantly, "Is there anything else I can get you?" she quizzed softly, "Uhm, yes actually. Can I get the barbecue boneless wings, please?" Malibu wondered while reading off of the menu. Jay turned his head to the woman at the sound of her voice, "Of course! I'll be right back." the waitress nodded before disappearing behind the counter.

Malibu contently nodded as she sat the menu down and looked up just to meet Jay's gaze. She tilted her head a bit, trying to see if he was gonna say anything, but he didn't even make a peep. He was too busy staring at what looked to be a knife in her bra.

"Anyway, I got another job opportunity today." Malibu spoke, breaking eye contact with Jay, Chassy's face brightened up, "Really? What kind?" she chirped. "Modeling, you think I'd be able to juggle it with college and everything?" Malibu questioned, "I mean yeah, you dealt with it well last year." Chassy replied. Malibu thought about it for a minute, agreeing with what Chassy was saying as usual. "You right." she shrugged. "Jay, you good homie?" Eric questioned as he questionably looked at Jay's blank expression, Jay snapped out of it and looked up at the tanned individual before speaking out for the first time in hours, "Yeah I'm 'coolin I'm just waiting for the food." he nodded reassuringly.

The air was tense, it made Malibu shift her eyes around trying to sense everyone's mood because the atmosphere switched so quickly. When she couldn't, she stood up and walked towards the dance floor because she couldn't last another minute at that table.

As she stepped onto the dance floor she instantly felt body heat which made her turn around just to see Jay right behind her, he placed his hand on her waist which made her flicker her eyes down and back up at him, "Don't say shit, just move 'wit it." he rasped before they began to salsa dance to 'Sway by Michael Bublé', Malibu thought this was interesting.

The two were dancing awfully close, keeping eye contact the whole time. Malibu's leg was between Jay's as they danced like it was the night of their lives, suddenly Malibu felt something sharp on her back making her break eye contact with Jay to see what it was, his hand turned her jaw back to him while he held an intense and intimidating stare on her, making her feel a bit flustered. "What're you doing, Justin? Don't you know any better?" she questioned softly, using his government name would make it easier to get into his head, "Me? Don't you?" he retorted.

It made Malibu smile, 'Poor man, he don't know.' she thought.

"I don't," she replied, "What do you have that's poking me Jay? I'd hate for you to miss your birthday next month." she smiled innocently like she hadn't just threatened his whole being, Jay smiled before digging her own knife deeper into her skin, breaking the tissue. Her face held a little grimace before she tightened up and spun around, "Justin... this isn't what you want." she warned with a smirk on her face, "It's what I need, mama." he replied with a lazy grin on his face. Malibu's lips slightly parted before she tilted her head upwards in surprise, "So you are who I thought you were." she concluded, "So are you." he responded.

Malibu quickly reached for her knife just to realize it was missing, she was partially shocked, he stole it as soon as he brought her close enough. And she didn't notice.

"You're quick," she smiled, Jay smugly looked down at her, "But not quick enough." she shrugged before making a sudden movement that knocked the knife right out of Jay's hand. The bridge began and Jay spun her around before dipping her which gave her an opportunity to grab the knife and come back up, placing it right on his throat. Jay looked back down at the knife then at Malibu before his eyes darkened, she could no longer read his expressions... it scared her.

She pressed it harder, seeing the skin begin to break.

"I don't understand why you'd get yourself in this predicament, Jay. It was stupid and presumptuous." Malibu shook her head as she cut deeper, any further and she'd burst a vein and kill him. "Nah..." he dragged, "I knew what I was 'doin, Mali. I wonder if those people you killed in Houston and Sierra Leone knew what they were doing though." he tilted his head teasingly, Malibu froze and stopped cutting, looking up at Jay who had this terrifying glare in his eye. Her facial expression dropped and she tried to step back a little, but Jay refrained her from doing so.

There was something in her that she had never experienced before... this look on her face, she didn't recognize it, was it pain? No... been there done that. Lust? Definitely not. Happiness? No, she was anything but happy..

This look was something... different, Malibu Moore was—

"Scared?" Jay smirked.

a zennyinthacut experience ©