Chapter 3: A Disturbing Encounter

Ladybug and Adrien were on top of a building. Adrien asked Ladybug to meet him on the top of one of the rooftops.

"So, what'd you need me for?" Ladybug asked.

"Oh, I just wanted us to talk." said Adrien.

Ladybug blushed slightly at that. She didn't expect Adrien Agreste to just talk to her. It was late and she had finished her patrol for the night, now it was Cat Noir's turn, so Paris should be fine. And Tikki just had her fill of energy so she'd be fine.

"Oh...okay...?" she replied.

"So, uh, I wanted to ask-" Adrien began.

Suddenly, the two heard something coming from a sewer entrance. They both looked down to see someone crawling down.

"I better go check," said Ladybug, "you stay here."

"No, I want to go with you." Adrien protested.

"If it's an akuma, it'd be dangerous for you."

"I've survived akuma attacks before. Remember? And who knows, it could be Hawk Moth himself."

"You're right..."

Adrien then smiled, hoping that Ladybug would take him. He'd (if it's really nothing) get a chance to talk to his lady (if only she knew that part of him).

"...I should call Cat Noir." Ladybug finished

Adrien's smile then disintegrated. He then remembered, he was Cat Noir. Ladybug won't be able to call Cat Noir because not only is he not on patrol but also he's right next to her. Ladybug realized that Cat Noir wasn't answering her phone-like-yo-yo.

"Dang it..." said Ladybug, then staring over at Adrien then sighing, "...okay, you can come."

"Yes!" said Adrien.

"You die, not my fault."

"Hehe...he..."

...

Ladybug and Adrien crawled through the sewer network. Ladybug was super impressed by the fact that Adrien hasn't complained once about getting his clothes dirty.

"You've gotten this dirty before?" Ladybug asked.

"Only when my dad doesn't watch." Adrien answered, "He doesn't like it. Hey, did you ever get dirty?"

"As a civilian? Heck no! As a superhero, I'm fine with it. Safety of others is more important than my looks."

"Speaking of looks, have you ever thought of fashion design?"

Ladybug blushed. She wondered if Adrien was trying to see who she was.

She couldn't tell if he believed that she was Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Maybe he thought she was just an ordinary person and he wanted her to work at Gabriel Agreste's company so he could get close to her. Would that be a good retirement job once she defeats Hawk Moth, if she defeats Hawk Moth.

The two stopped in the middle of a room where it looked like there were more tunnels.

"Dead end?" asked Adrien.

"Don't think so." answered Ladybug, "Lucky Charm!"

Suddenly, a huge web-looking net appeared, it went into all of the tunnels. Adrien was surprised. Her Lucky Charm is certainly amazing. But then he remembered.

"Wait, won't this drain your Kw-I mean, power?" he asked.

"Yes, but I have some back up food." Ladybug replied, "Give me a moment."