Chapter 13: A Hospital Visit

Adrien and Marinette were both taking a short walk.  It was all normal, that was until Marinette's phone suddenly rang. She then took in the phone and put it to her ear.

"Y-Yes?" she asked.

"Marinette, where are you?" asked Alya.

"I-I'm with Adrien, what's up?"

"I-It's...it's your parents..."

...

It was an akuma attack.  Thankfully, Marinette (as Ladybug), and Cat Noir took it down.  But both Tom and Sabine were in the hospital.  Marinette acted as if she received a heart attack.  Doctors currently said that they'll make a recovery, they just don't know if it's a full one or not.

"Will they be okay?" asked Adrien.

"Yeah, they will be." Marinette answered, "They've been asleep all day."

Marinette took a seat down and took her mother's hand.  Adrien sat next to her.

"So..." Marinette started, "...how's it going with Kagami?"

"She called me," said Adrien, "I haven't answered.  One question...Ladybug told me that you were her friend.  Just how much do you know of her?"

"Oh, uh...I...I know her a little.  Just that she goes to our school."

"Not to sound like an idiot, but...has she ever mentioned me?"

Marinette's heart raced.  It had just been basically a little while since she saw Adrien as Ladybug, the kiss.  She then wondered, maybe this was one of her perhaps last chances to tell Adrien how she felt.

"Y-Yeah..." she finally replied.

"What did she say?" asked Adrien.

"Well, uh...she asked me...how I felt...about...you..."

Adrien wasn't surprised that it wasn't about him.  He looked more like he was interested in what Marinette had to say.

"W-Well, I said, uh...'Ladybug...'...um..." Marinette began, "...'The great thing about Adrien Agreste...is...when I look in his eyes...and he's looking back at mine...everything feels...not quite normal. Because I feel...stronger...and weaker at the same. I feel excited...and at the same time...terrified. The truth is, I don't know what I feel...except I know what kind of person I want to be. It's as if I've...reached the unreachable...and I wasn't ready for it.'"

Adrien looked very touched by Marinette's little speech.  The model almost looked like he wanted to cry.

"Thank you, Marinette." he explained, "I really love it that there's another person who cares about me."

"We all do, Adrien." said Marinette, "We all do."

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!