Chapter 3

Today is friday.

Which means that tomorrow we are free to do whatever we want.

Tomorrow the girls and I are going to town to do some shopping and have fun. Jaz heard that at night, there will be an opening party, although school started last week. She and Amanda have been trying to convince me to go to that party since they found out. They know more than anyone how much I hate going to those places.

But, I think I should give it a chance this time... It's going to be our last year, right?

I leave the locker room, towel in hand and my phone, and put my things in the plastic chair. The smell of chlorine hangs in the air. I look around and realize I'm alone.

I like to come swim in the morning before school, it's a sport that calms me down. I take off my black shorts and compression jacket, leave my slippers behind, put on my glasses, and head for the pool.

---

I felt the water caress my skin as I made fluid, followed movements. I have no idea how long I've been here, but I know my workout is about to end. My body comes to the surface, and I sit on the edge of the pool. The muscles in my arms, back and legs are burning, and my breathing is out of control.

I rip the glasses off my face, and just watch beyond the large windows that adorn the space. My legs dangle in the water, making ripples in the pool. As I rest for a few minutes I make a mental list of the things I need to do today, when suddenly I hear a bang coming from the locker room doors.

I immediately look in that direction but see nothing. A chill runs through my stomach. I gain the courage to ask:

"Hey, is anybody there?"

Silence. I get to my feet and head towards the chair where I left my belongings. When I get to the locker room, I go straight to the shower. I take a quick shower, dress up comfortably, grab my bag from the locker and head towards my room, always paying attention to everything around me. That noise wasn't normal... But no one is here...

Weird...

Before I leave the swimmig pool area, I double checked everything again to make sure that everything's fine. 

Maybe something fell off... or maybe...

Maybe someone was here...

Anyway, I tried not to think a lot about it and head to the seniors builiding.

As soon as I enter my room, I only hear...

Nothing.

Silence.

I smile to myself. I went to my room to take a real shower, to put on my school clothes, to pack my bag and then reaching the kitchen to make breakfast. Our floor is only dedicated to seniors, giving us the opportunity to have a small one.

I put everything on the little round table and go wake up the girls.